Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New "Carry Comp" Guns from Shadow Systems

New "Carry Comp" Guns from Shadow Systems

Announced today are two new comp guns. These are both off the G19 / 4.0" slides.

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/mr920p-xr920p/

Because the awesome recoil of the 9mm pistol...
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Why does everyone keep insisting on cutting holes in slides?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Why does everyone keep insisting on cutting holes in slides?
    So you can see the fancy barrel inside!

I do like the looks of this better than their first generation of compensators.
    The slide appears to be machined differently at the muzzle end than prior models. If it is backwards compatible it would have an unsightly gap on the bevels at the top corners of the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    So you can see the fancy barrel inside!

I do like the looks of this better than their first generation of compensators.
    The slide appears to be machined differently at the muzzle end than prior models. If it is backwards compatible it would have an unsightly gap on the bevels at the top corners of the slide.
    These P models are designed to be comp guns from the get go. I suspect, they may design a different version that would work with the previous non comp versions, otherwise your correct, the lines wouldn't match.

I have no desire for one personally, my MR's are just fine without. They did however do a nice job on these and the new comp design.

SS definitely has some talented and forward thinking R&D guys working there. LOL, shame Glock doesn't have that kind of talent.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Have they improved customer service recently -- lots of chatter about the company being non responsive to problems?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Also minor cosmetic updates to the Foundation guns.

I'm not familiar with the current lineups but I think the Foundation has replaced the Combat series.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I am highly unlikely to try them again after my CR920 experience.

The locking feature on the comp is an intriguing innovation. I am curious to see if it is a stroke of genius, or the next evolution of a customer service nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I am highly unlikely to try them again after my CR920 experience.

The locking feature on the comp is an intriguing innovation. I am curious to see if it is a stroke of genius, or the next evolution of a customer service nightmare.
    CR920 was such a great experience I left glock and shadow systems all together and now use a p365 for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Also minor cosmetic updates to the Foundation guns.

I'm not familiar with the current lineups but I think the Foundation has replaced the Combat series.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    The Foundation series has replaced the Combat model since there wasn't as much of a difference between the combat and Elite, just some slide work. There is a bigger spread between the Foundation and Elite models, especially since you can get upgraded foundation models now. The foundation model is really the direct competition to the Glock MOS models. SS felt the foundation with available upgrades will pull more buyers potentially looking at a Glock MOS due to their pricing being almost the same.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List