Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you get a NY-1 8lbs trigger on a gen 5 Glock?

Can you get a NY-1 8lbs trigger on a gen 5 Glock?

Can you get a NY-1 trigger on the gen 5 Glocks and if so, what is the best way?

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Can you get a NY-1 trigger on the gen 5 Glocks and if so, what is the best way?
    Glock part number 39651 for G5 guns and part number 39324 for the slim guns (42/43/43x/48).

They’re on the parts order form.

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    Glock part number 39651 for G5 guns and part number 39324 for the slim guns (42/43/43x/48).

They’re on the parts order form.
    Perfect, thanks!

For the OP,
    the 39651 NY1 Gen5 trigger spring is relatively new to Glock's parts list. Glock generally doesn't sell these parts to somebody unless they're a Certified Glock Armorer. As the subject part is so new, it'll likely be a few more weeks (maybe even ~8 weeks) until the usual Glock parts suppliers get these in stock, such as:

https://www.glockparts.com
    or
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com

or any other suppliers which are out there.

You could install an OEM Glock Plus Connector.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    For the OP,
    the 39651 NY1 Gen5 trigger spring is relatively new to Glock's parts list. Glock generally doesn't sell these parts to somebody unless they're a Certified Glock Armorer. As the subject part is so new, it'll likely be a few more weeks (maybe even ~8 weeks) until the usual Glock parts suppliers get these in stock, such as:

https://www.glockparts.com
    or
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com

or any other suppliers which are out there.
    I have a 39651 spring coming to me in the mail tomorrow. I'm not really much of a Glock user anymore, but I do have some left in my collection. I will try this new return spring in a 19.5 and report back hopefully within the week to compare the NY1 spring equipped Gen 5 with NY1 spring equipped Gen 4. Previously on another thread, I was going to post a report on the NY spring for the slim series, but this always ended up being backordered so it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    This will increase the weight of the trigger, but only at the "wall" unfortunately.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I have a 39651 spring coming to me in the mail tomorrow. I'm not really much of a Glock user anymore, but I do have some left in my collection. I will try this new return spring in a 19.5 and report back hopefully within the week to compare the NY1 spring equipped Gen 5 with NY1 spring equipped Gen 4. Previously on another thread, I was going to post a report on the NY spring for the slim series, but this always ended up being backordered so it never happened.

This will increase the weight of the trigger, but only at the "wall" unfortunately.

Please let us know how this goes!

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I was thinking actually of going NY1 and an OEM minus connector. Just not sure if it yields the same results with the gen 5 glocks as it does with earlier models.
    Last edited by Speederlander; 09-26-2019 at 12:44 AM.

I installed the 39651 spring in my 19 Gen 5 today. The weight of the trigger pull with the factory setup was 5 lbs 7 oz according to my Lyman gauge. After installing the 39651 spring, the trigger weight measured 8 lbs 1.4 oz. There is increased resistance in the trigger pull during the pretravel phase prior to reaching the "wall." It makes my 19 Gen 5 feel fairly similar to my well worn 17 Gen 4 with the NY1 spring. The 39651 NY spring is not compatible with Gen 1-4 Glocks. Previous generation NY springs are not compatible with Gen 5 Glocks and Glock 45, 19X.

Site Supporter
    So what is the attraction to the NY1? I put one on a Franken glock 19 and didn't care for it. To me it didn't duplicate a revolver DA pull.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

User Tag List