Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Springfield “Garrison” 1911

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Aww shucks. I hate bobtail guns.

I'd love a lw commander with no rail and ramped barrel. Preferably with a checkered front strap
    That would be just about right.

I have one bobtail, and while I can live with it I won't be buying any more.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Re: the feedway stoppage, the one I had this week with the GMM looks like the previous ones. The round gets stuck at an angle on the way into the breech. When I say "stuck", I mean it jams in there pretty solid, I had to use a chopstick point to wriggle it out.
    Name:  IMG_3727.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  46.8 KB

With respect to the gun, here are the list of parts that are not as per factory.

Wilson Combat Bulletproof: Ambidextrous Safety, Slide Release (trimmed), Sear, Hammer, Disconnector, Extractor (tuned), Xtra Power FPS, Square Bottom FPS (smoothed), 17# Wilson Flat Wire Recoil Spring and Recoil Spring Guide, 19# Hammer Spring, Hammer strut, Pin, Short Trigger, Sear Spring (tuned). EGW HD High Shelf Magazine Catch, Barrel Bushing Drop-in (0.699x0.580 AB), Spring Plug Long SS Wolff Magazine Catch Spring #2 Challis Slim bushings, slotted grip screws. VZ Operator II Grips, black. Stan Chen Shooter Installed Magwell, Blue 10 8 Performance Rear Sight.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    FWIW the shorter 185 gr SWCs have always had a rep as a round that can choke up an otherwise reliable gun.

Also, can I just say it's been dope as hell watching you go from 1911 newbie picking up a store bought entry level gun and putting in some well thought ought mods and maintenance to get it running JHP reliably.

Bravo dude.
    Thanks! I bought it partly to have a pin gun but also to mess around with it as I tried to learn how it worked. It's been a lot of fun, and I've really enjoyed it.

User Tag List