Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ho's and polar bears are the only animals that don't feel the cold."

Site Supporter
    The temperature of hot girls is not something I studied. However, the effect is also found in stupid young males, I think. Yesterday, I went to get a haircut, it was pretty cold and I wore a warm jacket and knit hat. Waiting for my turn, there was a late teenage male there who was wearing thin shorts, a tee shirt and flip flops. Even though you had to walk through cold wet parking lots. See that all the time. Kids waiting for the school bus in the cold, not wearing jackets.

So it's not just females but posturing males.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 11-28-2021 at 09:46 AM.

I've been conducting a lifelong study. One of my findings:

People are stupid. Regardless of temperature or amount of clothing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Need more visual evidence
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The temperature of hot girls is not something I studied. However, the effect is also found in stupid young males, I think. Yesterday, I went to get a haircut, it was pretty cold and I wore a warm jacket and knit hat. Waiting for my turn, there was a late teenage male there who was wearing thin shorts, a tee shirt and flip flops. Even though you had to walk through cold wet parking lots. See that all the time. Kids waiting for the school bus in the cold, not wearing jackets.

So it's not just females but posturing males.
    Yup. I remember in high school it was uncool to actually zip up your jacket.

Having grown up in rural New England, winter “fashion” is always amusing. Why would anyone want boots that were not waterproof? Why would you buy suede boots that’ll just get salt- and water-stained? How can you expect to walk in snow and ice in high-heeled boots? Why have shearling coats that put the fleece on the outside? And so on….

If you’re going out, you wear proper boots and carry your nice shoes in a bag. Everyone knows that…. ;-)

Site Supporter
    One of the CCW tip blabs said that an open jacket in the winter was a sign that someone was carrying. Well, that means about 50% of the populace here in the market is carrying. Jackets close only when the snow is blowing and we are in the twenties or below. 30;s - no need to close your jacket.

Also, wearing a vest! Half the males have black, insulated vests on.

Does anyone think a backwards ball cap makes you look tough or cool? Saw that on the match once. New guy and his gal. Told her to turn it around to keep empties out of her face. She said: Thanks. He gave me such a dirty look for playing 'Dad'.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Yup. I remember in high school it was uncool to actually zip up your jacket.

Having grown up in rural New England, winter “fashion” is always amusing. Why would anyone want boots that were not waterproof? Why would you buy suede boots that’ll just get salt- and water-stained? How can you expect to walk in snow and ice in high-heeled boots? Why have shearling coats that put the fleece on the outside? And so on….

If you’re going out, you wear proper boots and carry your nice shoes in a bag. Everyone knows that…. ;-)
    And yet classic Bean boots have become preppy fashion over the last ~5 years, so why not practical/tactical?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    On the flip side, trying to talk to women can make guys stupid: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...vely-impaired/
    I could have confirmed that for them much cheaper than whatever they spent on that study…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Going to a match now, putting on Danners. Eddie Bauer - jacket good till -15 deg but it's in the 30's.

Still not hot, just a FOG, shooting production with a G17. Haven't shot in ages due to family horror shows. Just try to hit the target.

I feel like I'm going to have to repeat this study.

So basically, I go around asking hot girls if they are cold, right? And then offer them a jacket and my number after they answer? I'm sure Mrs. RR will support this research.

Only on PF!

User Tag List