Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ho's and polar bears are the only animals that don't feel the cold."

"Ho's and polar bears are the only animals that don't feel the cold."

Found this on Instapundit.

SCIENCE: Hot Girls Don’t Feel The Cold.

https://www.t-nation.com/alpha-life/...-cold-weather/

"...we found that women who are more highly focused on their appearance show no relationship between how little clothing they are wearing and their reported feelings of being cold on a cold night out. These findings suggest that to the extent women self-objectify, they increasingly lose access to their own physical experiences."

What they're saying is simply that women who are highly focused on the way they look become disconnected from their bodies. They're less aware of things like hunger, their heartbeat, and, case in point, whether they're cold or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Found this on Instapundit.

SCIENCE: Hot Girls Don’t Feel The Cold.

https://www.t-nation.com/alpha-life/...-cold-weather/
    I love how the authors of the study made the leap from women claiming they don't feel cold to "self-objectifying". Paging @Glenn E. Meyer...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I think the study probably suffered from reporting bias, I’m guessing they didn’t use a lie detector to validate people’s outward statements against their actual perception.

Because I suspect it’s probably:

HOT GIRLS DON’T ADMIT TO BEING COLD

Hot clubbing party girl wearing not much while standing in line.
    Teeth are chattering and they’re standing arms folded trying to retain heat.

Nerdy science girl comes up to them and says, “Hey, aren’t you cold (dumbass)?” The dumbass part is written all over her face.

Party girl says: “No, I’m not cold (you ugly nerd)!” Even though inside she’s saying “what do you think?!!”

Nerdy science girl tries to make something physiological out of a psychological ego defense response.

Name:  99C2CB87-82D6-4890-9429-1B2B35F19CF3.jpeg
Views: 1093
Size:  66.9 KB

Name:  A63476EA-D3FC-4FBB-BDB7-57A15A3DEA07.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  48720E35-AAF6-47FC-BD6C-F13306C5F7EA.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  19.9 KB

This was from a UK January storm. They look cold.

Getting a club girl to admit they’re cold is basically asking them to admit they pick fashion over function and ego protections may be in place for a lot of people.

Site Supporter
    I think I need to start a coat check business truck/bus and park it in front of clubs. Cashapp the money and I'll keep your coat safe, secure, warm, and waiting for you.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I love how the authors of the study made the leap from women claiming they don't feel cold to "self-objectifying". Paging @Glenn E. Meyer...
    One can find several studies showing that when women self-objectify — consider their appearance from an outsider’s perspective — their cognitive abilities decrease. The studies did things like tell women they were being photographed, or had them alternate wearing a swimsuit or a sweater. When they felt more exposed their performance on a math test declined. The theory is that worrying about their appearance decreases the available cognitive resources.

On the flip side, trying to talk to women can make guys stupid: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...vely-impaired/
    Last edited by peterb; 11-27-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    On the flip side, trying to talk to women can make guys stupid: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...vely-impaired/
    I didn't know they did a study about me.

We had polar bears in the 80s.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

"Fashion feels no cold" is an ancient expression.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List