Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield rmsx - competition oriented sight from shield

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    @GJM there’s optical bloom but the Instagram post still said they were 4MOA dots. I’m really really hoping the refresh is better than their last Gen. I’m chomping at the bit to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @GJM there’s optical bloom but the Instagram post still said they were 4MOA dots. I’m really really hoping the refresh is better than their last Gen. I’m chomping at the bit to get them.
    Can you elaborate on the refresh rate issue?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can you elaborate on the refresh rate issue?
    There’s a picture in this thread that kind of shows what it looks like.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...-refresh-rate/

Basically it looks like the old stop motion flip books. Instead of a streak of red with movement, I see dots and gaps like Morse code. It’s harder to track than a smooth line.

I’ll see if I can video what it looks like in motion.

Delayed until mid-Jan

I got an email from Shield saying pandemic disruptions pushed ETA to mid Jan which isn’t unexpected.

I am asking if they can change my order to the 8MOA dots since I’m afraid that the 4MOA will be unusable like the 4 MOA RMSc.

To my eye, every manufacturer’s MOA rating is different and not comparable. Also optic window distance from the eye seems to matter a lot too.

Even though my SRO is a 5 MOA it’s a ton more usable than a Shield 4MOA that visually looks like the 2 MOA of a 507c.

Confirmation of change to 8MOA

Okay, they changed to 8MOA dots so I’m happy about that.

I also ordered RMR to RMS adapter plates so I can use them on my Open guns.

Adapter plates

Picked up a few of these to use as the easy button on some of my RMR/SRO equipment.

Name:  7E8A1A0E-FD53-4524-80BA-7CB0F75769E8.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  41.0 KB

When the RMSX gets here, I can try them out on my open guns and see if it gets rid of the SRO double dot.

Got notice that the sights shipped so might get a chance to try them on my PCCs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Got notice that the sights shipped so might get a chance to try them on my PCCs.
    That wide lense might be a nice fit in an offset 45* mount if you decide to run 2 dots like some people do.

My friend used one on his Open gun yesterday. Loved it and said his SRO optics may become displaced. Justine W said it reminded her of a Romeo 3 XL.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My friend used one on his Open gun yesterday. Loved it and said his SRO optics may become displaced. Justine W said it reminded her of a Romeo 3 XL.
    I think mine are set to arrive tomorrow.

I was concerned about how bad the 4 MOA refresh was on the smaller units so I had them change my pre-order to 8MOA.

I’m kind of taking a break from pistols so they’ll probably just sit in the box lol.

User Tag List