Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best place to pick up a reamer

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I once opened up a redhawks throats with a wood dowel, a drill, and emory cloth. Accuracy improved and the leading stopped so I have that going for me
    no, Bubba... NO!

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I once opened up a redhawks throats with a wood dowel, a drill, and emory cloth. Accuracy improved and the leading stopped so I have that going for me
    It's results that count, and you got results. I'd not call that Bubba.

And I disagree that reaming won't produce a round and concentric hole. Or I suppose it might, depending to what level one is measuring. As good as a Sunnen Hone, of course not. Good enough to resolve the issue you want gone: probably so. YMMV, but if you did a good job with the above receipe I doubt you'd ruin a cylinder.

If you aren't satisfied with the finish left by the reamer you can always touch it up with emory.

This isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    It's results that count, and you got results. I'd not call that Bubba.

And I disagree that reaming won't produce a round and concentric hole. Or I suppose it might, depending to what level one is measuring. As good as a Sunnen Hone, of course not. Good enough to resolve the issue you want gone: probably so. YMMV, but if you did a good job with the above receipe I doubt you'd ruin a cylinder.

If you aren't satisfied with the finish left by the reamer you can always touch it up with emory.

This isn't rocket science.
    I’ve done the job with drill rod & emery cloth as well.

DougGuy and his Sunnen hone are a bargain.

User Tag List