Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Used Police 870's for sale

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Well, you've only got about a few years left, @AMC, so fuck it. You are in California, after all......

https://www.chiappafirearms.com/product.php?id=134

Seven months, my friend......seven months.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    If only there were options for a shorter LOP stock, outside of the Mesa Urbino.
    Thanks for the heads up, I wasn’t aware of the mesa urbino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Initially I was going to say what a terrible deal this was, they were junk. Move along. Don’t even click on the link.
    But since they are sold out I confess that I bought four of the 870 police shotguns from the first post. Did I pay more than I wanted to? Sure I did; but everything is getting more expensive. Plus I’m sure any police 870s made by the new Remington will be significantly more expensive than these used 870s.
    When I picked them up from my FFL it was like being back at the police dept and I had just pulled them out of their car racks. My four had normal duty gun wear on the outside but the action bars and bolt did not show much wear at all. I will break them down and clean them. I suspect these 870s rode around in a patrol car 24/7 and were not shot much. My department used dedicated range shotguns and kept the patrol 870s in the cars.

I wish I could buy more but they are sold out
    Last edited by Poconnor; 12-03-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    We were set to purchase 200 new 870Ps for patrol shotguns. As @TGS noted.....not a big number in the overall scheme of things. I agree that LE adoption of patrol rifles has also diminished the LE shotgun market. But for larger agencies like ours, especially in California where Shotgun training is a POST academy requirement, we are kinda stuck. And there are certain situations where I'd frankly prefer a shotgun. So all that said....from guys like @TCinVA, what do you think is the best option? Frankly the whole reason to go back to the 870P was for commonality of training with the LL platform. We currently have to teach two separate shotgun systems (semi and a pump), and it is very time consuming.
    I'd say do your best to get in contact with Remington and see if they're selling 870P's again. They've supposedly resumed production of the 870.
    3/15/2016

It does look like Remington has started producing 870s again. A few shops local to me have recent production 870s in stock. They have Express field and "home defense" models with both hardwood and synthetic furniture. They look nicer than some Express models from recent years. Priced between $399 - $499. Haven't seen new 870Ps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Which 1300 did you get? They are out of production right?
    They are. The 870 killed them by being stamped/cheaper.

I had an 18" barrel that I was going to put on a 1200 I already had on hand. Found a 1300 w/o a barrel and jumped on it. A Hogue youth stock made it just about perfect. To me, it is slicker and more precise than the 870's I've handled.

It's not a defender, but I don't need it to be.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Initially I was going to say what a terrible deal this was, they were junk. Move along. Don’t even click on the link.
    But since they are sold out I confess that I bought four of the 870 police shotguns from the first post. Did I pay more than I wanted to? Sure I did; but everything is getting more expensive. Plus I’m sure any police 870s made by the new Remington will be significantly more expensive than these used 870s.
    When I picked them up from my FFL it was like being back at the police dept and I had just pulled them out of their car racks. My four had normal duty gun wear on the outside but the action bars and bolt did not show much wear at all. I will break them down and clean them. I suspect these 870s rode around in a patrol car 24/7 and were not shot much. My department used dedicated range shotguns and kept the patrol 870s in the cars.

I wish I could buy more but they are sold out
    I have 2x 870s; both posurp. 20" blued wingmaster made 1979, 18" parkd 870P made 1992. Rarely shoot, but will never sell.

If anybody cares, and is in North Texas, GT Dist in Dallas has quite a few Remington 870 Police Magnum and Wingmaster riot guns for $350. Most are 20-21" barrels with bead on pedestal. There's a few 18" in there too. They have an Ithaca 37 DS with 26"+ vent rib barrel for $250. A Mossberg M590A1 18" barrel for $410.

Just sayin'

User Tag List