Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo Buy one get one free??

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I thought it was until 12/15. Crap.
    You've still got some time:

Product/s must be purchased through a retailer between November 15th and December 24th. A copy of your date stamped receipt and a copy of your Form 4 will be required at registration.

No purchase quantity limit, however, you may only submit 5 serialized items per registration. Purchases must be registered by January 15th, 2022 to qualify. SilencerCo is not responsible for late submissions. Products cannot be returned or exchanged for other products of similar value or for monetary exchange. Offer good in states that permit silencer ownership.
    https://silencerco.com/free-suppressor-promotion/

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Thanks - I saw something that made it look like it was over already.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So, an Octane 9 for my Scorpion and Rattler, and a free Warlock .22 for rimfire? Any downside to these?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So, an Octane 9 for my Scorpion and Rattler, and a free Warlock .22 for rimfire? Any downside to these?
    If it matters to you, the Warlock is only rated for 22lr (not magnum, or other rimfires). I believe the baffles are aluminum. But hey, free is free.

If it matters to you, the Warlock is only rated for 22lr (not magnum, or other rimfires). I believe the baffles are aluminum. But hey, free is free.
    I’m ok with that - it would live on .22LR only. And free (well, $200) is a pretty good deal.
    Ken

I took advantage of the deal to purchase an Omega 300 - I'm just torn on which Octane to get... 9 or 45?

The 9 is lighter and shorter, and according to SiCo, quieter with 9mm and 300blk subs. The 45 is heavier, longer, and theoretically more versatile. I've got a 1911 in the back of the safe (and long-term plans for another), but primarily shoot 9mm Glocks.

Does anyone have experience with Octane 45 on 9mm pistols?
    I got the Octane 45 because I still have one 40, although I still haven't gotten a threaded barrel for that one. I run the 45 on my 229s, MR920, 320, and USPC9 and to my ear it's pretty quiet. I've shot subsonic 9 in my back yard with no hearing protection and had no issue. That being said, I don't know what I don't know because I've only ever shot my Hybrid 46 on the same guns so I can't compare it to an Octane 9. Subjectively, I think it's quieter than the Hybrid 46 on my 9" MCX 300 with subsonic, even though I think SiCo's published numbers show lower dB on the 300.

This may be a dumb question. Can I buy both cans as a promotion, then set up the trust afterward? Or does an nfa trust have to be setup beforehand? I just found out about this promotion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    This may be a dumb question. Can I buy both cans as a promotion, then set up the trust afterward? Or does an nfa trust have to be setup beforehand? I just found out about this promotion.

Thanks

Nevermind. My FFL told me that I could purchase them setup the trust and proper filing of paperwork afterwards.

I took the bait. Bought a 36M…

The logic side of me says I will use a .22 can more.
    But the financial side of me says a free can should be used to get the most expensive bang for my buck, and go .45 can…

Shit. I may be getting a .45 can.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I took the bait. Bought a 36M…

The logic side of me says I will use a .22 can more.
    But the financial side of me says a free can should be used to get the most expensive bang for my buck, and go .45 can…

Shit. I may be getting a .45 can.
    You can NEVER have too many rimfire cans!

User Tag List