Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st match.

Congratulations on your first match.

I see a lot of M&Ps around here. When they first started using them around here in IDPA, they were getting 10 round mags to use for slide lock reloads because the 17 rounders were causing malfunctions when they slammed the reload.

Somebody else mentioned, maybe take a little off the bottom of the follower to allow it to go a little deeper into the mag body.

Run the gun you have for now. I used to shoot against a buddy who is a better shooter than me. He was doing the gun of the week for a while and I could beat him.

9 rds would be an easy fix. Someone said that in the match and I forgot that until you said it.

An ffl can receive 17rd and permanently block but I can’t legally.

Maybe I’ll replace the cut down ones with new stock ones and try the follower or downloading to 9.

To be competitive, really play the game, you need to load to division capacity: 10+1 in Production. There’s a thread somewhere about limited cap mags.

My experience is that the ones that use shortened tubes and springs don’t work very well.

Standard cap mags with dimples to limit rounds can be very reliable. The CZ 10 rounders seem to work well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    To be competitive, really play the game, you need to load to division capacity: 10+1 in Production. There’s a thread somewhere about limited cap mags.

My experience is that the ones that use shortened tubes and springs don’t work very well.

Standard cap mags with dimples to limit rounds can be very reliable. The CZ 10 rounders seem to work well.
    How about VP9 mags?

By reliable you mean reliably load on a closed slide easily or reliable feeding? As far as I know the m&P 10rd are extremely proven and reliable as far as feeding.

FYI, after inspection, the same spring is used for 10rd full size, full size compact and a friends full size 17rd (free state)

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    How about VP9 mags?

By reliable you mean reliably load on a closed slide easily or reliable feeding? As far as I know the m&P 10rd are extremely proven and reliable as far as feeding.

FYI, after inspection, the same spring is used for 10rd full size, full size compact and a friends full size 17rd (free state)
    No clue. I don't have much 1st hand experience with VP9 or M&P 10 round mags. Sorry to flex on the poors living in ban states...

Maybe start a new thread on this topic?

If they use the same follower for 10 as 17, it looks like you could gain a little slack by cutting it.
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/688330
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Just checked in with Rob and he said “oops, I forgot to tell you that you have to cut the back tabs of the followers and you’ll be GTG”

Also, I checked the VP9 and those mags seat easily.

I’ll cut down the tabs on the 2 mags I cut the springs down on too.

Factory stock 10 round HK VP9 mags loaded to capacity easily seat on both my VP9 and VP9 SK with a closed slide.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Just checked in with Rob and he said “oops, I forgot to tell you that you have to cut the back tabs of the followers and you’ll be GTG”

Also, I checked the VP9 and those mags seat easily.

I’ll cut down the tabs on the 2 mags I cut the springs down on too.
    Isn’t it crazy that thousands of people are under the impression that their mags work, and it takes a USPSA match to figure out that they don’t?

The mags work, they’re just harder than full tube mags to insert on a closed slide. Most likely I’d never even know other than comps.

I’d imagine that comps bring a lot of things to light. Makes sense. Especially shooting skill or in my case, lack thereof.

User Tag List