Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 1st match.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    So my club’s January match was cancelled. It was 12 degrees and too many ppl cancelled for the match to go on. Then Feb my wife and I had something to do.

Today was the first match in 2 months for me. Normally I dry fire 4x a week. This week was 2X and I convoluted everyt By buying a Glock and shooting it yesterday (180rds).

Had a crappy match as a result. A few stages were pretty decent but I didn’t see 2 targets (4 misses) on one stage and pushed my final target of the last stage too hard and round #2 on it barely hit the target. 5 misses altogether.

Disappointed but it just means I need to ramp up the dry fire and get out to the range more. I haven’t been live firing much at all. A big strike against me.

Embarrassing to admit all that but it’s honest and I wanted to report back.
    No embarrassment whatsoever. Shooting and stage execution are like two separate sports. Don’t beat yourself up for a lapse in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My condolences.

I shot my first USPSA match at LIPSA back in the 90s but there is no way in hell you could get me to move back to New York.
    My way forward (now that the UNcommon cold has proven just how much office-type work can be done successfully via remote) is that I sold my own work on the idea that I spend a week of each month in VA, to work "live" on-site.

That gives me storage/useage/comp access while I wait for the stupid NY gears to grind. Even once fully in NY, if I need to store/compete in a free-er state, I will. My USMC Brig-Lawyer degree will come in handy in figuring out the viability of it.

It'd not surprise me to find out that Prod, L10, SS are the only divisions allowed, up there. Am I right?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    My way forward (now that the UNcommon cold has proven just how much office-type work can be done successfully via remote) is that I sold my own work on the idea that I spend a week of each month in VA, to work "live" on-site.

That gives me storage/useage/comp access while I wait for the stupid NY gears to grind. Even once fully in NY, if I need to store/compete in a free-er state, I will. My USMC Brig-Lawyer degree will come in handy in figuring out the viability of it.

It'd not surprise me to find out that Prod, L10, SS are the only divisions allowed, up there. Am I right?
    Ask @newyork

As far as I know we have all the same divisions just with use of 10rd only.

I don’t know about comps but for everything but an nra sanctioned match, no one may enter NY without a NY pistol license. No New York resident may even handle a hand gun even at the store without a New York pistol license. If you move hear, you’d have to store out of state until you get your pistol license. Then have out of state ffl ship to in state ffl for transfer.

Site Supporter
    When I moved back here, I had the handguns shipped to an FFL to hold. That was legit as I checked it out. Had to pay a storage fee. The FFL said it was common to do. Of course, there was a chance that I wouldn't get a permit, in that case - oh, well. I would have put them on consignment. I had compliant long arms.

User Tag List