Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st match.

Mags seem to run excellent and load on a closed slide easily

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    LIPSA (Long Island Practical Shooters Association.
    This is good news. I'm gonna be moving to Huntington, very soon, and I know I have a LOT of info to absorb for that state...competitive venues being a mere drop in the bucket...

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    This is good news. I'm gonna be moving to Huntington, very soon, and I know I have a LOT of info to absorb for that state...competitive venues being a mere drop in the bucket...
    Oh man. I hope you have a really good reason. Worst state for gun laws.

Weeeeellll….the Henchwoman has deep roots there. I have NO roots, so I’m going to her.

It’ll be a combo of compliance, leavened with avoidance, sprinkled with “the secret ingredient…is CRIME!

Let it be known that you can’t own a pistol unless you get a pistol license which can be 6-12 months wait. Background checks and character vouchers and notarized paperwork and more.

Not even supposed to touch one in the state without that.

If you ever lose your pistol license (can be revoked at any time), you also lose your 2A rights here. Fun right?

Match #2 today. More As. Less misses (2vs 5). More % points. Came in 42nd of 88. Last time was 62 of 99. 363 points vs 240 last time. 52.31 % vs 46.28 last time

Congratulations. You're getting better. What have you been doing to improve?

Get out and live fire practice but remember dry fire is your friend. Talk to the top shooters and ask about equipment and watch them shoot. Don't try to go as fast but look for the areas they make up time...running, reloading.

Let us know about Match Three.

I have very few chances to live fire so I do a couple warm ups in dry fire and then do a couple drills from the Anderson book. Probably going to buy some Stoeger books this week. I send videos to a buddy for critique. I need some major practice shooting on the move.
    I need to get more solid, dot acquisitions under stress.
    I’ll be working on transitioning more too as it’s a weak point once targets get farther apart.

Jan 23 is the next one. Thought I’d try to do some low round count live fire a couple times a month if possible.

Only update so far is I received this set up for Xmas

Dry fire with it begins tonight. Match is the 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Only update so far is I received this set up for Xmas
    Nice! If you're being gamey, you can lower your holster a little (heel of grip has to be above top of belt so you have a 1/2 inch or more you can drop it). Cant muzzle a little forward and play around with magazine pouch angle, especially the first one or two since you're shooting CO those will be your go-to mags.

User Tag List