Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Waukesha WI Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Yes. Florida is notorious for "stay away warrants" where they keep them active but won't extradite.

Fun fact: extradition in this context just means they will come get them. Even if it says no extradition, you can take the wanted person to them. I've seen it done.
    That explains it. We don't care to spend the money to get him back here so we can release him again. He's your problem now.

Reminds me of a conversation I heard on the street between a city patrol officer and a person with a warrant from another state.

"We know you have a warrant for your arrest in WI. If you would like we can arrest you. If you would not like, you need to move your ass on out-a-here by noon tomorrow because if I see you here tomorrow you get arrested".

Heard on the street in DT Everett WA around 1990.

Just keep moving.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Yes. Florida is notorious for "stay away warrants" where they keep them active but won't extradite.

Fun fact: extradition in this context just means they will come get them. Even if it says no extradition, you can take the wanted person to them. I've seen it done.
    Yup. I’ve done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Latka Gravas View Post
    Clint Smith was right when he said some people just need to be shot...........
    Yup, Clint may come off as a little rough around the edges, but there’s no denying he’s right.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Wow - when “fleeing a stabbing” is the more-palatable explanation for running down 40 people and killing at least 5, we’re really living in an upside-down world.
    If the police were not chasing him it never would have happened.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Except that they weren't chasing him.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Correct. They did not chase him INTO the crowd, but once he began running people over a detective and a patrol officer trailed him on foot, trying to get him to stop.

Here is the criminal complaint with statements by the PD.

https://www.waukeshacounty.gov/globa...omp7347101.pdf

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Done it myself with a local warrant from a local agency that just didn't want to come pick them up. Me and another guy said fuck it, drove him over and walked in the lobby. "He's your problem now."

We were backed by our supervisor in doing that, which for those of you not in LE should understand is kind of a bold/dick move depending on the context. On our end it was because nobody on that night wanted to be the last LEO in contact with a guy with an arrest warrant for assault (on a police officer, no less) that just let him walk out the door, and our only excuse was that some desk sergeant on a phone told us he wouldn't come get him.

There was a similar game that EMS agencies in NJ used to play with each other before social media became a thing. They'd take "Frequent flyer" drunks and put them on the train up to the next town with a note that said something to the effect of "he's yours tonight". Can't do that stuff anymore.
    Oregon/Washington are notorious here for having warrants extraditiable from all western states except California. Snohomish County was the worst.

Went hand in hand with what we used to call "Bus Therapy", wherein other states/cities would buy a Greyhound ticket for their problem unhoused/chemically enhanced/just plain crazy residents one way to.....San Francisco. This was a HUGE thing going on for years. Thanks, assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Went hand in hand with what we used to call "Bus Therapy", wherein other states/cities would buy a Greyhound ticket for their problem unhoused/chemically enhanced/just plain crazy residents one way to.....San Francisco. This was a HUGE thing going on for years. Thanks, assholes.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Since when do facts matter?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Were the police chasing him when he tried to run down his "girlfriend?"

User Tag List