Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Waukesha WI Rampage

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Here's another scenario, only partially incompatible with yours:

• Violent criminal with a history of using a vehicle for attempted murder
    • Free on $1000 bail (for political reasons)
    • Fleeing yet another crime scene
    • Didn't want to get caught
    • Saw a bunch of ladies and kids in the road
    • Made a conscious decision not to put on the brakes, and instead accelerated (and possibly steered to hit more victims)

This didn't look like a "didn't realize what was happening" incident to me--more of a "take as many of them with me as possible". But, as we saw with the Rittenhouse case, it's hard to know the details from what we are shown in the media and other online sources.
    I would say this ^^^ plus a healthy dose of mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Here is the guy.

Attachment 80356
    This shitbag doesn’t deserve to breathe the same air as I do. Take him out to the cemetery, make him dig his own grave, shoot him, backfill, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    On the topic of med gear, a friend and mentor posted this screenshot from an RN friend of his earlier. Presented as data point, FWIW.
    you don't happen to have the actual book-o-feces link for that, do you?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Clint Smith was right when he said some people just need to be shot...........

[sarc]Oh, this just keeps getting better and better[/sarc]

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ant-in-nevada/
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    I see multiple comments above about not waiting for an ambulance and transporting people to the hospital yourself. My training (basic first and and CPR only) has always been not to move someone unless absolutely necessary to remove them from an area of immediate danger.

If one needs to move someone who is injured, how is the best way to do it, and where can one learn how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    ~25 years of doing and teaching CPR and AED. Some of my students have saves, I have none in hundreds of applications. If patient was transported, none left the hospital. I still advocate it and believe in it, but the reality isn't as rosy as we portray. Best outcome is a witnessed non-traumatic SCA with a lay rescuer and AED nearby. SCA in peds as a result of choking can have good outcomes. LUCAS devices are awesome and game changers.

Many full arrests as a result of trauma aren't worked, or aren't worked for long unless you can put/keep blood in the right pipes.

Learn CPR and keeping/clearing airways. Learn stop the bleed. Learn to manage environmental injuries. Learn to put a floppy unconscious body in a POV and not wait for the ambulance.

Survival windows can be narrow, so you may not be any better off in an well-resourced urban system with low response times than in the middle of nowhere.
    Keeping the husband calm when his wife took a hard dump into the asphalt pulling into the bicycle shop parking lot (drainage grates are a near killer, never doubt it) was harder than dealing with his wife. Feet up, stabilize the neck, don't move her as much as possible, grab some blankets (wasn't cold, but wasn't warm out), keep her conscious and sort of talking (she was drifting in and out, but we kept her vocal until EMS arrived) and of course keep her CALM. Last I heard she suffered no long term affects. The husband was fit to be tied, in fact I damn near wanted to tie him up to get him to calm down.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Keeping the husband calm when his wife took a hard dump into the asphalt pulling into the bicycle shop parking lot (drainage grates are a near killer, never doubt it) was harder than dealing with his wife. Feet up, stabilize the neck, don't move her as much as possible, grab some blankets (wasn't cold, but wasn't warm out), keep her conscious and sort of talking (she was drifting in and out, but we kept her vocal until EMS arrived) and of course keep her CALM. Last I heard she suffered no long term affects. The husband was fit to be tied, in fact I damn near wanted to tie him up to get him to calm down.
    I don’t know how many times dealing with the relatives/bystanders and they were wigging out and the injured part was the calm one.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I don’t know how many times dealing with the relatives/bystanders and they were wigging out and the injured part was the calm one.
    well to be fair, she didn't have much of a choice with regards to being calm, as her helmet was split from the impact, and her bell was thoroughly rung. I try not to be too hard on him, as it was his wife lying on the ground, and we can honestly never know how we'll react in a given moment of trauma. But I grew up in a "no blood, no broken bones, no problems" kind of household (and even the blood part was optional if it wasn't gushing out) so I guess I was raised more in a solve the problem first then freak out and throw up later type of environment.

Re CPR, I know two gals who were struck and killed by a lightning strike at a campground, but the people around them started and kept CPR going for about 40 minutes until the ambulance arrived- and both survived.
    There was some serious injuries from the burns and other effects, but no major cognitive issues.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List