Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Waukesha WI Rampage

We're concerned. This is four-ish blocks from Older Offspring. Suspect still at large. College told Offspring to shelter in place.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Redstate is reporting that the suspect may be in custody.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/11...ustody-n479715

The video is horrific. The driver keeps going as fast as he can as he is running over people. It certainly looks intentional rather than accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Redstate is reporting that the suspect may be in custody.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/11...ustody-n479715

The video is horrific. The driver keeps going as fast as he can as he is running over people. It certainly looks intentional rather than accidental.
    We're listening to the Waukesha cops on Broadcastify, and it doesn't sound like they have him yet.

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    They are here. Police vehicles supplemented by DPW vehicles (snow plows, straight trucks, etc).
    That’s what they’ve been using locally here as well.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Why, in 2021, are you carrying something that is not designed to defeat auto glass when vehicles are one of the most common terrorist weapons?
    I happen to carry a service-grade pistol loaded with ammo from Doc’s list, but if I looked at the likelihood of needing to defeat auto glass due to terrorist attack compared to any of the other common means of violent crime against a non-LEO in my state, I bet it would be pretty small.

Wasn’t there recently a podcast from Bolke and others that discussed preparing for the threats that are actually likely to your personal circumstances? I haven’t listened to it yet, so I don’t want to infer any takeaways they didn’t actually advocate.

At any rate, I have no reason to leave the house with just my pocket gun, and little reason to carry more when mowing the lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    I happen to carry a service-grade pistol loaded with ammo from Doc’s list, but if I looked at the likelihood of needing to defeat auto glass due to terrorist attack compared to any of the other common means of violent crime against a non-LEO in my state, I bet it would be pretty small.

Wasn’t there recently a podcast from Bolke and others that discussed preparing for the threats that are actually likely to your personal circumstances? I haven’t listened to it yet, so I don’t want to infer an takeaways they didn’t actually advocate.
    No idea, but there's a difference between excessive preparations versus something as simple as choosing good quality ammo for your given piece instead of grand-pappy's FBI load or wad cutter. It's not exactly like I'm advocating that you can't step outside your door unless you're carrying a Roland Special and LVAW, here.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Correction: "person of interest" in custody.

Site Supporter
    It's one thing to block off a block or a park, and another thing altogether to secure a whole parade route.

I'm not sure it's even possible to secure a parade route well enough to keep a vehicle out of it, even if you give the street department unlimited time and equipment for the route itself. Vehicles have to be able to drive into the staging area, and from there out onto the parade route.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Having a chance to defeat auto glass (from inside, as well as outside the vehicle) is one reason I still mostly carry RA38B or the 135gr Gold Dot load in my 442. I also rarely only have that as a primary gun. 99% of the time primary is a G19 with proper ammo. Walking around an event like that, I'm probably carrying both.

The medical gear comment is applicable here too. And something I really need to dedicate myself to finding a way to make it a daily thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    It's one thing to block off a block or a park, and another thing altogether to secure a whole parade route.

I'm not sure it's even possible to secure a parade route well enough to keep a vehicle out of it, even if you give the street department unlimited time and equipment for the route itself. Vehicles have to be able to drive into the staging area, and from there out onto the parade route.
    It can be done but it takes resources, for sure, which most places don't have. The marshaling area needs to be treated/constructed like a sally port, where there's two access control points and only one end can be open at a time which prevents a vehicle from running through onto the route. You can use large, heavy vehicles for this or delta barriers.....the latter which are very uncommon outside a handful of major metro PDs, the former which run out real quick.

NYPD has stuff like this down like a well oiled machine. They have an incredible stockpile of physical security resources that most states can't even pull together, though. They probably have more portable delta barriers than any government agency in the entire US, more jersey barriers reserved for AT/FP than anyone except the entirety of the DOD put together, and a fleet of trash trucks, snow plows/salters that absolutely dwarfs what most counties have.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List