Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Waukesha WI Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    CPR is vastly over rated in general as compared with AED's. The success rate in adults is something like 11% vs 30-40% for AEDs.
    How is that possible, it’s got a 90%+ success rate on TV?

Site Supporter
    CPR is vastly over rated in general as compared with AED's. The success rate in adults is something like 11% vs 30-40% for AEDs.

CPR seems to be most effective on children. I'm personally 0-2 on CPR. The only CPR successes I'm personally familiar with both involved kids. One found floating face down in a pool and one the victim of a cave in while playing at a construction site.
    A buddy’s wife is a speech therapist who has worked with adults who have been recessitated with CPR (generally in a clinical setting). She told him and me for that matter that she doesn’t want anyone to perform cpr on her, she’d rather die than deal with the quality of life that adult survivors she has treated had. They all had major cognitive and physical handicaps.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    At TGS, ammo performance difference front windshield vs side glass?
    One of John Murphy’s videos, as can be found in recently-posted win the Mindset & Tactics section, does a good job of explaining, and showing how bullet deflection occurs, though laminated and tempered glass. His discussion is more about shooting outward, at carjackers, robbers, and such. A laminated windshield is a formidable obstacle to handgun bullets, not only because it is laminated, but because of the angle presented.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    His lengthy criminal history is, no doubt, the direct result of abuse at the hands of the oppressive, racist criminal justice system. Following a polite disagreement with the MOHC (mother of his children) and fearful of being pursued yet again by whitey he had a mental breakdown and has no memory of even getting into a vehicle.
    Post Domestic Stress Disorder
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

CPR seems to be most effective on children. I'm personally 0-2 on CPR. The only CPR successes I'm personally familiar with both involved kids. One found floating face down in a pool and one the victim of a cave in while playing at a construction site.
    I am not an expert but my understanding is CPR keeps the brain with some oxygen until you get an AED there and “fix” the problem. Though the AED only fixes some problems. CPR initiated due to trauma success is very low - 1%, 5%.

The history is that kids are very resilient and have some of the most impressive successes of CPR, especially those that involve cold water.

Definitely has me rethinking the Ryker Nylon med kit in my EDC backpack and not on my ankle.

The more that comes to light about the suspect, here's how I think this will turn out:

1) This was not "domestic terrorism" in any way
    2) This was not "political" in any way (including any sort of response to the Rittenhouse trial)
    3) The suspect was not targeting the parade or anyone in the parade
    4) The suspect was fleeing a crime scene (which he may have committed) was already on bail (twice over), didn't want to get caught (see: bail x2), and was probably high AF and didn't realize what was happening until he started plowing into people.

So... much sadder and much more "random" than any sort of targeted violence.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

~25 years of doing and teaching CPR and AED. Some of my students have saves, I have none in hundreds of applications. If patient was transported, none left the hospital. I still advocate it and believe in it, but the reality isn't as rosy as we portray. Best outcome is a witnessed non-traumatic SCA with a lay rescuer and AED nearby. SCA in peds as a result of choking can have good outcomes. LUCAS devices are awesome and game changers.

Many full arrests as a result of trauma aren't worked, or aren't worked for long unless you can put/keep blood in the right pipes.

Learn CPR and keeping/clearing airways. Learn stop the bleed. Learn to manage environmental injuries. Learn to put a floppy unconscious body in a POV and not wait for the ambulance.

Survival windows can be narrow, so you may not be any better off in an well-resourced urban system with low response times than in the middle of nowhere.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Here's another scenario, only partially incompatible with yours:

• Violent criminal with a history of using a vehicle for attempted murder
    • Free on $1000 bail (for political reasons)
    • Fleeing yet another crime scene
    • Didn't want to get caught
    • Saw a bunch of ladies and kids in the road
    • Made a conscious decision not to put on the brakes, and instead accelerated (and possibly steered to hit more victims)

This didn't look like a "didn't realize what was happening" incident to me--more of a "take as many of them with me as possible". But, as we saw with the Rittenhouse case, it's hard to know the details from what we are shown in the media and other online sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The more that comes to light about the suspect, here's how I think this will turn out:

1) This was not "domestic terrorism" in any way
    2) This was not "political" in any way (including any sort of response to the Rittenhouse trial)
    3) The suspect was not targeting the parade or anyone in the parade
    4) The suspect was fleeing a crime scene (which he may have committed) was already on bail (twice over), didn't want to get caught (see: bail x2), and was probably high AF and didn't realize what was happening until he started plowing into people.

So... much sadder and much more "random" than any sort of targeted violence.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    On the topic of med gear, a friend and mentor posted this screenshot from an RN friend of his earlier. Presented as data point, FWIW.
    Thanks for the reminder - I tried to take a Stop the Bleed course last year but it was cancelled due to Covid. Just signed up for one in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    How is that possible, it’s got a 90%+ success rate on TV?
    Long ago, somebody observed that the success rate of TV CPR was almost exactly the inverse of real CPR.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List