Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Waukesha WI Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This happened to a buddy of mine:
    https://pamplinmedia.com/ttt/89-news...crash-shooting

(Details of driver’s intent misrepresented by media)
    What a vigilante wannabe hero movie trope fantasy.

pfff.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    @TGS. - this right here:

apparently a significant portion of people are soothsayers and know exactly how their gunfight will go
    IMHO this is the biggest issue. The late great Dr. William Aprill once said that “people see the world as they are, not as it it is” and as such they look for / try to make problems to fit their schema of the world.

Your fight is going to be what it is not what you want it to be.

Most here, consciously or unconsciously, have a vision of who they think they would need to shoot in a defensive situation. However I will bet most of those preconceptions involve adult adult males who look like criminal stereotypes.

How many think they will have a legitimate necessity to shoot a kid who brought a stolen gun to a public place for an active shooter attack? How many think they would have a legitimate need to shoot a pregnant woman who open fire on good Samaritan‘s after a hit-and-run on an innocent motorcyclist as recently happened in Florida? How about an elderly man dressed like a cowboy who just shot a state trooper ?

Last edited by HCM; 11-24-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    From what I can tell, my comment has been interpreted by several people to mean:

1) Stand in the way of the vehicle
    2) Mag dump with a crowd as your backstop
    3) Shoot when the car is out of control at high speed
    4) Shoot at targets you know you can't hit

I never in my life imagined that advocating the carry of ammunition capable of robust performance through intermediate barriers in case the need arises would be so controversial, but apparently a significant portion of people are soothsayers and know exactly how their gunfight will go. Regardless of the numerous people who've been using a vehicle as a weapon and had their attack terminated by persons with handguns as a matter of routine, the takeaway here is that a cop tried and failed, therefore we shouldn't ever try, and how dare I bring up the topic of ammunition performance regarding current realistic threats on a pistol forum.
    I’m just angry you didn’t recommend an obsolescent pistol firing an obsolete cartridge. You are obviously a person who doesn’t know the score.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I’m just angry you didn’t recommend an obsolescent pistol firing an obsolete cartridge. You are obviously a person who doesn’t know the score.
    AC 96 Mauser chambered in 30 Mauser with a shoulder stock /holster is the obvious answer.

Although it is funny how much that configuration has in common with something like an HKMP7.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    AC 96 Mauser chambered in 30 Mauser with a shoulder stock /holster is the obvious answer.

Although it is funny how much that configuration has in common with something like an HKMP7.
    How about a nice Jati-Matic?

https://youtu.be/UqPsrqpwLmU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    BFR comes in .45-70. Does that count?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

The only clear choice is a 1911 in .38 Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    The only clear choice is a 1911 in .38 Super.
    A very early LW Commander in .38 Stupid protected my ass on the South Side for a few years.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

Loved that movie! Back in the 80s, based on gun rags, I KNEW the Jati-matic and the Spectre were the two most advanced SMGs in the world. The Uzis and MP5s were so last decade's tech. I might have been right, but SMGs became irrelevant....

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

Micro uzis in a shoulder harness are the way to defeat terrorist attacks on American soil.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    BFR comes in .45-70. Does that count?
    Si.

User Tag List