Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Waukesha WI Rampage

Waukesha WI Rampage

Say you're at an event and a vehicle is used as a weapon....the driver comes to a temporary stop in front of you due to collision. Are you carrying ammunition that is capable of defeating auto glass? Is your 5 shot wheel gun stoked with Gold Dot SB, or wadcutters? Why, in 2021, are you carrying something that is not designed to defeat auto glass when vehicles are one of the most common terrorist weapons?

Something to think about as this tragedy unfolds. Ammunition designed for robust performance through intermediate barriers such as autobody sheet metal and autoglass ain't just for state troopers.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/commu...ed/8714041002/
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I thought after the last few incidents of vehicles going in to crowds like this that secured, barricaded perimeters had become pretty standard.

Hope they get the shitbag(s) responsible.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Say you're at an event and a vehicle is used as a weapon....the driver comes to a temporary stop in front of you due to collision. Are you carrying ammunition that is capable of defeating auto glass? Is your 5 shot wheel gun stoked with Gold Dot SB, or wadcutters? Why, in 2021, are you carrying something that is not designed to defeat auto glass when vehicles are one of the most common terrorist weapons?

Something to think about as this tragedy unfolds. Ammunition designed for robust performance through intermediate barriers such as autobody sheet metal and autoglass ain't just for state troopers.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/commu...ed/8714041002/
    Suggestions?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I thought after the last few incidents of vehicles going in to crowds like this that secured, barricaded perimeters had become pretty standard.

They are/this was.

Barricades that can stop a vehicle are a different thing entirely, and most localities don't have those sort of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Suggestions?
    The good doctor's list is a good place to start: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....f-Defense-Ammo

I pretty much pack P9HST flavors as it stands now. So if they're still good to go I'll stay with it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Lots of bullets go through glass just fine. That said, for 99% of the people present (or more) that car was gone before they would have been able to do a damn thing. Before we discuss anything about ammo… Do we carry trauma supplies? I carry a Ryker Nylon ankle trauma kit. Would it help? Maybe or not, but just as I’d feel horrible having the opportunity to stop the threat and not… I’d feel worse watching someone die who I could have helped if I had the equipment I’ve been trained to use… Especially if that someone was my family.

Just avoid crowds on the street. Actually just avoid crowds if you can. I know, airports are a problem but at least they have security. Parades, not so much.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

They are here. Police vehicles supplemented by DPW vehicles (snow plows, straight trucks, etc).
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter

Here’s your “barricades

https://twitter.com/wxandnews/status...344199688?s=20

User Tag List