Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspects With Body Armor Thread

If you copy the URL, there is some extra h-t-t-p at the front of the link. Paste the link somewhere and delete everything up to the h-t-t-p-s (without the dashes).

This might work - type instagram dot com that add this: /p/CW_45rSM0he/

People buying police-ish outfits off amazon is why I have a lot of sympathy for the mom here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMdm61YfoHI

Site Supporter
    I’ll try this again. Run up armed robbery with suspects wearing what looks like soft armor with Police markings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW_45rSM0he/

http://instagram.com/p/CW_45rSM0he/

ETA: Woohoo! Think that should be working now.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 12-05-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks...that worked.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter

Already posted by @HCM in the uof thread, but if you watch at the very end it sure looks like the bad guy is wearing soft armor under his shirt. There’s also radio traffic during the helicopter footage where someone else mentions he’s wearing a vest.

Site Supporter
    Suspect barricaded in a vehicle with body armor. Looks like rifle rated steel plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Suspect barricaded in a vehicle with body armor. Looks like rifle rated steel plates.

What do think was going on with the first left hand side of the split screen LEO that had his slide locked back/stuck locked back before he got to shooting? Did I miss that he'd already shot from inside his car and fouled the cycling or something?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

One of those plates is gym equipment

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-e...saAjHeEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    What do think was going on with the first left hand side of the split screen LEO that had his slide locked back/stuck locked back before he got to shooting? Did I miss that he'd already shot from inside his car and fouled the cycling or something?
    I watched this a few times. It appears the slide was partially back, not locked fully back. He didn't appear to fire from inside of his vehicle. If I were to guess, and I am guessing; the Deputy somehow jam'd the slide partially back and induce some type of malfunction while reholstering as he ran to get back into his vehicle as the target vehicle sped off from the scene of the initial encounter. If under stress and attempting to reholster as he was running, it's possible that some portion of the front of the slide caught on some portion of the opening of his holster. From personal experience I have found reholstering while running is more difficult than when standing still. Wearing body armor and a uniform shirt that may becoming untucked while running doesn't help matters either.

From watching the Deputy's difficulty in clearing the malfunction, it appeared like he was dealing with a double feed.

To the credit of this Deputy, he remained calm, was behind cover and continued to work the problem until the pistol was back up.

I have no contacts with this agency where I can get more information. So I'm just guessing.

Site Supporter
    Per press releases,,the shooter, a 24 year old male was wearing a ballistic helmet, vest with steel rifle plates and knee pads. The suspect also had a semi auto rifle, multiple magazines, a gas mask and multiple incendiary devices. Suspect threw a Molotov cocktail but it failed to ignite.

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/08/30/...phoenix-hotel/

3 dead, 2 police officers injured after shootout outside north Phoenix hotel

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Two Phoenix police officers are injured, and three people, including the alleged gunman, were killed during a shooting outside a north Phoenix hotel on Sunday night. Officers responded to reports of a shooting at the Days Inn near 26th Avenue and Deer Valley Road around 8:45 p.m., just west of Interstate 17. Officers say 24-year-old Isaiah Steven Williams, who was wearing full tactical gear, including a vest and a helmet, walked out of the hotel and began shooting randomly. At one point, investigators say, Williams tried to throw a Molotov cocktail at a nearby Waffle House, but it did not catch fire.

As Williams continued shooting, 36-year-old Misael Arevalo and a woman pulled into the parking lot and were shot and killed. When police arrived, Williams reportedly opened fire on several patrol vehicles. Two officers were injured after one was struck by a bullet in the shoulder and another was hit by shrapnel.

Police say the officer injured by shrapnel was able to get out of his car and began shooting at Williams. According to police, surveillance video shows Williams walking through the parking lot before falling to the ground. Authorities confirmed Williams shot himself and died at the scene.

Both officers were rushed to the hospital, one of whom was released early Monday morning. Police say the second officer is still in the hospital but is in stable condition and good spirits. Police say three other men, who police called innocent bystanders, were also injured by the gunfire. They all had non-life-threatening injuries.

Arizona’s Family spoke to a guest at the motel who was among those injured, Wesley Williams. He’s not related to the shooter. He said he was staying in a room with his son and six-year-old daughter when he thought he heard fireworks around 8:30 p.m. “I heard what I thought were firecrackers in the hallway, went out to investigate to see what it was and the hallway comes down a little and turns. Once I got around the corner, maybe three foot into the area started shooting through the door and I got hit,” Wesley said.

He showed Arizona’s Family the injuries. Beneath a cut and bruise on his face is a bullet. He said he was fortunate it didn’t hit his jaw or neck and said another bullet grazed his arm. “When I first got shot, I went back in and woke him up, my son up, had him call 911, and got my six-year-old put down in a corner,” he explained.

Williams’ son Kyle was awakened by the incident and heard the gunfire. “I was sleeping; my dad was saying, ‘call 911, call 911, I just got shot.’ And by that time I started hearing more gunshots down the hallway,” said Kyle.

To inject a little humor into a serious thread. My wife took some lessons several years ago from a trainer at our local indoor range. At one point she did a vertical string of about 5 shots which started low and worked their way up. I don't remember his comment but she laughed and said, 'I did that in case the bad guy was wearing body armor.'

User Tag List