Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Suspects With Body Armor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Rest easy though. The AR is from during the 94 "Assault Weapons Ban" and lacks a collapsible stock and muzzle device. It's therefore been rendered safe. lol!
    He's also got a 10 round mag for the Ruger.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Soft body armor is made to stop pistol caliber rounds.

Pistol calibers are pistol calibers whether 9mm out of a pistol or SMG or magnum revolver rounds.

The answer to suspects with soft body armor is rifles or shooting threats in areas covered by armor.

Police using .41 mags with magnum ammo was a non starter even back in the revolver days. At that time they carried a .41 “police load” (think .41 special) that was equivalent to modern 40 S&W and was a .41 mag in name only.
    Now HCM- everybody knows if you choot a bad guy with a MAGNUM!!!!, it will TOTALLY pick them up and fling them back like 10 feet!!!!
    Where as that silly little 9Europellet or Poodelshooter Matty Mattell will just make them mad!
    And NOBODY knows NOTHING about guns anymore because they're a bunch of sissy beta cucks!!!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Rest easy though. The AR is from during the 94 "Assault Weapons Ban" and lacks a collapsible stock and muzzle device. It's therefore been rendered safe. lol!
    That Ruger pistol mag is an awb ban mag blocked at 10 too, I’m thinking this dude hadn’t bought any guns since the 90’s.

Eta: dang Joe beat me to it.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-14-2023 at 04:16 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Atascosa County is the adjacent county South of San Antonio.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023...urder-suspect/

I-37 shut down in Atascosa County after law enforcement kills murder suspect
    Highway closed until further notice between FM 3006, Bexar County line northeast of Pleasanton

ATASCOSA COUNTY, Texas – Interstate 37 South in Atascosa County is shut down Friday after law enforcement officers shot and killed a murder suspect from Corpus Christi, Atascosa County Sheriff David Soward said.

The highway is shut down between FM 3006 and the Bexar County line northeast of Pleasanton, Soward said.
    Motorists are urged to avoid the area as the interstate is expected to be closed for several hours.

Soward told KRIS-TV in Corpus Christi that an officer with the Atascosa County District Attorney’s Office tried to stop a pickup truck the suspect was driving when he sped off.

A DPS trooper set up some road spikes near the Bexar County line that flattened two of the suspect’s truck tires, causing him to swerve into the median, Soward said.

The suspect, who was wearing a bullet-proof vest, jumped from the vehicle armed with a rifle and opened fire on officers, Soward said. The officers returned fire, killing the man.

An officer with the Nueces County District Attorney’s office told KRIS-TV that the suspect was wanted in connection with the death of a woman whose body was found in a home by relatives early Friday.

The suspect was a former law enforcement officer who at one time worked for the Nueces County Precinct 4 Constables Office, the DA’s office said.

We will update this story as we gather more information.

@HCM I saw rifle/armor & former LE of some flavor, the OIS invetsigation should be interesting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    @HCM I saw rifle/armor & former LE of some flavor, the OIS invetsigation should be interesting.
    Apparently at least one round struck the windshield of a random car driving in the opposite direction hitting the driver but luckily causing only minor injury.

Nothing official yet, but if I were a betting man, I bet the bullet which struck that bystander was an LE bullet.

Well, damn.
    I drove through that area both north and south Tuesday evening/night taking my daughter to the airport.

https://www.kristv.com/news/local-ne...of-san-antonio

https://www.portasouthjetty.com/arti...-port-aransas/
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 09-02-2023 at 04:07 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...pitalized.html

This was from earlier in the year, the suspect was wearing a plate carrier and plates during the incident, armed with a Colt 6920 and a glock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    No media link and no further details as still an ongoing investigation. For those who know where I work, keep it out of the thread.

Body armored suspect attempted robbery. Gun fight ensued. Armored suspect killed, civilian defender uninjured. Plates are real, no airsoft style stuff.

Locally, we are seeing a rise in suspects with armor, modified Glocks to fire fully auto, and 5.7 caliber handguns.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Locally, we are seeing a rise in suspects with armor, modified Glocks to fire fully auto, and 5.7 caliber handguns.
    That combination will make things sporty.

For those who know, are the "gov't" 5.7mm loads still restricted or have they gotten out into the wild?

User Tag List