Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Suspects With Body Armor Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    That combination will make things sporty.

For those who know, are the "gov't" 5.7mm loads still restricted or have they gotten out into the wild?
    You can buy a few at inflated prices but they are still restricted both by manufacturers policy and legally as armor piercing handgun ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Body armored suspect attempted robbery. Gun fight ensued. Armored suspect killed, civilian defender uninjured.
    Was the defender skilled or lucky?

Locally, we are seeing a rise in suspects with....modified Glocks to fire fully auto....
    These seem popular....

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1720639963262579018

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Locally, we are seeing a rise in suspects with armor, modified Glocks to fire fully auto, and 5.7 caliber handguns.
    I've been thinking about that. Maybe some of the targets in matches should have no-shoots over the t-shirt area. When I think of it on shooting at a silhouette or graphic target, I use the collarbone notch as an aiming point. (There's probably a medical term for that.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I use the collarbone notch as an aiming point. (There's probably a medical term for that.)
    I learned it as "jugular notch" but it's also called the suprasternal notch.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    No media link and no further details as still an ongoing investigation. For those who know where I work, keep it out of the thread.

Body armored suspect attempted robbery. Gun fight ensued. Armored suspect killed, civilian defender uninjured. Plates are real, no airsoft style stuff.

Locally, we are seeing a rise in suspects with armor, modified Glocks to fire fully auto, and 5.7 caliber handguns.
    (emphasis mine)

Sounds like I'd be proud to buy a beer for that 'civilian defender'.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You can buy a few at inflated prices but they are still restricted both by manufacturers policy and legally as armor piercing handgun ammo.
    Name:  5.7 ammo.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  59.6 KB

It's pretty much available if you know what you are looking for....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Say what you will say, but this fellow is wearing a NASA hoodie.
    He may may be legit rocket scientist (in training).

Name:  IMG_0191.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  15.8 KB

He was clearly smarter than me, as he obtained his Glock auto sear already, for both himself and “for the boys”.

And props for this PIO, at the US Capitol Police, who worked “giggle switch” into a press release this week.

A Glock handgun, which had a 22 round extended magazine, was found on the passenger side seat, near an additional magazine. Another Glock, which had the “Giggle Switch,” was found in a flowerbed in the 100 block of C Street, NE.

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/pr...hed-stolen-car

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    And props for this PIO, at the US Capitol Police, who worked “giggle switch” into a press release this week.
    Actual snip of a message from my wife yesterday:

Name:  GS.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  74.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    To inject a little humor into a serious thread. My wife took some lessons several years ago from a trainer at our local indoor range. At one point she did a vertical string of about 5 shots which started low and worked their way up. I don't remember his comment but she laughed and said, 'I did that in case the bad guy was wearing body armor.'
    I dont remember who but during a class the instructor asked an ER Nurse why she kept taking head shots. She replied because she had seen too many people show up in the ER shot and still fighting. Im sure the illustrious nembers here will recall the “who” of the exact incident.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List