Thread: PFC Ballistic Off-Body Bag

Site Supporter

PFC Ballistic Off-Body Bag

Anyone using the Ballistic Off-Body Bag from PFC Concepts? It looks like a decent product like most items from PFC, but the cost gave me sticker shock. Any similar products, even without the armor inserts? Thanks and be safe.

Subscribed. I thought this was a good idea, when first read about them, and saw the videos, but, waited too long to order the initial version. It is good to see that another run is being made.

Here is a link to Mod 2.

https://www.pfcloadout.com/collectio...bag-bobb-mod-2
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-20-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Anyone using the Ballistic Off-Body Bag from PFC Concepts? It looks like a decent product like most items from PFC, but the cost gave me sticker shock. Any similar products, even without the armor inserts? Thanks and be safe.
    @Clusterfrack

I have purchased pretty much everything under the sun in order to know what I didn’t know.

Name:  BE03FC0B-7EE8-4F20-823E-1F5AC2BA6CBD.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  971C2881-55C7-486E-B661-33BB9ACC5F40.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  55.0 KB

My impression is:
    Not worth it.

I personally would rather have a full size backpack with IIIA insert and turn away from a threat or sling it like a shield if time to futz with something like the BOBB.

At the time I was previously interested, I saw the armor in the BOBB as being a nice supplement, to help shield the lower abdomen and part of one thigh, when wearing concealed armor protecting the upper torso. It seemed to make sense, for an armed and armored professional. Now that I am retired from LEO-ing, and looking at the BOBB from the point-of-view of a slower-moving grandpa, I have to ask myself whether I could convince an armed robber to shoot at the relatively small areas covered by the two panels. (I aged, and slowed, quite a bit, in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.)

Toting any kind of armor is a hassle. The BOBB appears to be a way to tote some small amount of IIIA coverage. Worth it? Hard to say. As JCN indicated, a IIIA panel, in a daypack-sized backpack, might make more sense.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

@Rex G the only additional utilization I could figure out with the BOBB is if you for some reason couldn’t carry a gun on body. Or wanted to carry an off body BUG.

When I was trying to figure out a use for it, I half assed was thinking it could be used to protect a head.

I also experimented with using III+ small rifle plates in the BOBB instead of the IIIA as a portable supplementation to torso worn soft armor.

Site Supporter
    My retirement job is with a security agency that may or may not become a police agency. (Safe bet is probably not, but anyway...) We are not currently armed, I wear a uniform with SBA to and from work and when off site grabbing dinner. I currently use a waist bag to carry when off site in uniform. I'd like something that allows faster presentation and holstering. The armor in the BOBB wouldn't be a bad thing, but it's not really a concern.

I'd be perfectly happy with the equivalent of a BOBB 2.0 without armor.

My retirement job is with a security agency that may or may not become a police agency. (Safe bet is probably not, but anyway...) We are not currently armed, I wear a uniform with SBA to and from work and when off site grabbing dinner. I currently use a waist bag to carry when off site in uniform. I'd like something that allows faster presentation and holstering. The armor in the BOBB wouldn't be a bad thing, but it's not really a concern.

I would think it would be fairly easy to convert most regular bags with zippers to a BOBB.

It’s basically replacing the zipper with Velcro flaps and adding Molle straps with an OWB holster looped in.

In my picture it’s actually a cheap Bravo holster subbed in.

The Safepacker, made and sold by The Wilderness, is something like the offspring of a gun case and a flap holster, that can be worn as a sling bag, on a belt, on a larger pack, on an adapter that coverts it to a waist pack, or hand-carried. Unlike the BOBB, with the flap opening downward, the Safepacker’s flap opens upward. The Safepacker’s flap is retained by a side-release buckle, but an alternative fastener, or a magnet, could be rigged. There is limited storage between the two layers of the flap. The Safepacker is available in colors other than black. The sizes are as large a Government Model +2”.

I have considered rigging two Safepackers, back-to-back, toting a pistol in one, and other things in the other. As it is, regularly use Safepackers, of two sizes*, to tote a 4” Ruger Speed Six, 5” 1911 pistols, and longer-barreled revolvers. On a belt, when presented a harder, athletic appearance, when I was younger and stronger, I tended to carry a Safepacker on my trousers’ belt. Now, as a older guy, living in a time when men’s bags are generally more-accepted, I tend to wear a Safepacker as a sling bag, presenting a softer appeareance.

www.thewilderness.com

Hill People Gear sells some interesting nylon products, that are very well-made for them by First Spear.

www.hillpeoplegear.com

*I generally tote just one Safepacker, at a time. Two guns, is normal; a small one concealed on my person, and a second one, in the Safepacker.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-21-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Here is a link to the Hill People Gear Attache, with plenty of images.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/...3/ProductID/12

My HPG has been used as a stand-alone attache case, but attachment loops make it possible to be fastened and rigged, in a number of ways. The internal PALS panel allows customization of the interior.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List