Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariland Holster Recall / Product Warning

Safariland Holster Recall / Product Warning

Wasn't sure if this would be better here or in the LE subforum. Seems after an issue with their 7000 series holsters for the TLR-7, where a subject was able to get the weapon out and discharge it, they are issuing a "Safety Advisory." It describes all 7000 series holster for the TLR-7 as being involved. But the list of models seems incomplete. As an example, I have a 7377 (non-RDS) for a G19 and TLR-7. But it's not listed in the affected models. Going by their description however, I'm at least a little concerned I may need to pull it from service. Anyone with industry access seen a more complete list?

The list of affected holsters in the attachments is: 7360RDS, 7362RDS, 7365RDS, 7280, 7282, 7285, 7360, 7362, 7365, 7390, 7390RDS, 7392, 7395, 7395RDS.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I have a 7360RDS and a 7378. Looks like I need to reach out to Safariland ASAP! Thanks for the heads up.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I swear it is nothing but problems with Safariland lately. This option was one of the few things keeping them on the table for us. Guess they heard about our disappointment with the 7360 Light Bearing holsters we had, and sent us a sample of a "3rd Gen" version....which was much improved. Usable. Then we received the production versions.....and they were worse than the first ones. Cannot get the gun out, or in, without serious struggle. Draw or reholster angle must be perfect, or you're hanging up.

Coupled with the fact that they refuse to make a Pressure Switch compatible ALS holster....I think they just successfully sold a couple thousand Blackhawk T Series rigs.

I emailed Safariland on 11/19/21, the date of my previous post in this thread. I JUST got a response from them today about the rigidity band for my holster! I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in their customer service.

Site Supporter
    I was looking at Safariland's website via the "Wayback machine". A few years ago it was an excellent site and easy to use.

The 6360 for my P-07 is ok, but it took a decent amount of breaking in to now draw smoothly. That's ok as long as it hold up over time.

I look forward to seeing what US Duty Gear does ALS style wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    I emailed Safariland on 11/19/21, the date of my previous post in this thread. I JUST got a response from them today about the rigidity band for my holster! I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in their customer service.
    I would strongly recommend US Duty Gear as a man'f of duty holdsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I would strongly recommend US Duty Gear as a man'f of duty holdsters.
    Do they have ALS, or equivalent, yet?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do they have ALS, or equivalent, yet?
    That’s what I’m waiting for since I don’t want to go back to 2007 and the SLS hood.

Regarding current Safariland quality…. Will Petty recently had the ALS piece break leaving the gun trapped in the holster.

The 7000 series seem to have ongoing issues. I’ll stick to my 6360 and 6280 if those aren’t available.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    The 7000 series seem to have ongoing issues. I’ll stick to my 6360 and 6280 if those aren’t available.
    I agree, but will (or have) the QC issues also seep into the 6xxx series?

User Tag List