Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dillon 750

Dillon 750

Any tips on running one with a case feeder and bullet feeder?

Take the time to really dial it in, one station at a time. It's gonna take a ton of tinkering and micro-adjusting, but it's worth it.

If you're shooting lead bullets, congrats, you just graduated to coated lead at a minimum. Conventional lead can stick in the DAA Bulletfeeder if it's over-lubed.

I went with the Inline Fab mount, and couldn't be happier. Than and some on-press lighting are the only other two critical accessories for me.

Any questions, ask away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Take the time to really dial it in, one station at a time. It's gonna take a ton of tinkering and micro-adjusting, but it's worth it.

If you're shooting lead bullets, congrats, you just graduated to coated lead at a minimum. Conventional lead can stick in the DAA Bulletfeeder if it's over-lubed.

I went with the Inline Fab mount, and couldn't be happier. Than and some on-press lighting are the only other two critical accessories for me.

Any questions, ask away.
    I have a Dillon 550 now and have been running coated bullets pretty much exclusively. I’m willing to be patient and was hoping people can help me avoid mistakes they have.

What dies are you running?

Just got my 750 with bullet and case feeder back in May. Loaded probably ~10k or so since then. My 1st progressive.

Case feeder has been stupid easy, pretty much plug it in and runs.

Bullet feeder gets finicky and out of position occasionally and starts sending bullets upside down. Sometimes the spacers will move or twist out of position and send bullets raining down. I've learned to just check it occasionally. Also, it hooks onto the case feeder but slides around some (metal on plastic) - I added some rubber pieces under the screws to keep it more secure. It still will rock forward or back after cranking out rounds for a while, if I notice more bullets coming down upside down I will tweak it a littler forward or back and it usually takes care of it.

Mostly with bullet feeder be patient and look for the problem, its still better than the alternative.

Get a light, this one is pretty great reloadinginnovations.com/products/dillon-650-press-lighting-kit

I added a 45 casing with a bullet inside on top of my primer weight pole thing - fixed not having a primer drop sometimes.

I've learned to load at a steady, just slightly slower than fast as I can, pace - I can feel the primer seat all the way, feel it if a primer didn't come out and just generally catch little things that come up.

Also, I run my eyes to 3 places EVERY time I pull the handle - primer cup (making sure primer is in cup), then to case with powder (making sure no double) then to bullet dropped on case before seating (upside down bullet occasionally). I can run at full speed and still hit eyes on all those spots as I;m loading.

Just my 0.02
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I have a Dillon 550 now and have been running coated bullets pretty much exclusively. I’m willing to be patient and was hoping people can help me avoid mistakes they have.

What dies are you running?
    Lee, 9mm. About the only thing that ever really gave me trouble was adjusting the primer feed. I haven't really had any problems with anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Just got my 750 with bullet and case feeder back in May. Loaded probably ~10k or so since then. My 1st progressive.

Case feeder has been stupid easy, pretty much plug it in and runs.

Bullet feeder gets finicky and out of position occasionally and starts sending bullets upside down. Sometimes the spacers will move or twist out of position and send bullets raining down. I've learned to just check it occasionally. Also, it hooks onto the case feeder but slides around some (metal on plastic) - I added some rubber pieces under the screws to keep it more secure. It still will rock forward or back after cranking out rounds for a while, if I notice more bullets coming down upside down I will tweak it a littler forward or back and it usually takes care of it.

Mostly with bullet feeder be patient and look for the problem, its still better than the alternative.

Get a light, this one is pretty great reloadinginnovations.com/products/dillon-650-press-lighting-kit

I added a 45 casing with a bullet inside on top of my primer weight pole thing - fixed not having a primer drop sometimes.

I've learned to load at a steady, just slightly slower than fast as I can, pace - I can feel the primer seat all the way, feel it if a primer didn't come out and just generally catch little things that come up.

Also, I run my eyes to 3 places EVERY time I pull the handle - primer cup (making sure primer is in cup), then to case with powder (making sure no double) then to bullet dropped on case before seating (upside down bullet occasionally). I can run at full speed and still hit eyes on all those spots as I;m loading.

Just my 0.02
    Thank you that is helpful! I assume you’re running the mr bulletfeeder? That’s the only one I’ve found. Are you running any does other than Dillon?

Thank you that is helpful! I assume you’re running the mr bulletfeeder? That’s the only one I’ve found. Are you running any does other than Dillon?
    Yes, Mr. Bullet feeder.

When I got my press sent out, the Dillion dies were the only thing that didn’t come with. I bought a set of Hornady custom grade dies (one of only ones I found available at that time). I got the 3 die set with the crimp/seating die in one die - was a little different and took a little bit more time/effort to set up (IMO) but been happy with them since I’ve gotten it all dialed in.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Thanks for starting this, just last night I became bullet feeder curious.
    I have pretty much planned to standardize on the 147g Blue Bullets and the suckers are slippery. And I had a platform I built to raise my tray full of bullets up to minimize the distance of my reaching, but had a moment of clarity that I was twisting my wrist in a funky way so I took it off. But all this left me watching YouTube when I was done.

Does anyone swage 9mm?

That’s all I load and from what I can tell the main benefit to an 1100 is the option to swage. I didn’t even know what it was until I looked it up. I’ve never done than and don’t think it’s ever caused any issue.

Does anyone swage 9mm?

That’s all I load and from what I can tell the main benefit to an 1100 is the option to swage. I didn’t even know what it was until I looked it up. I’ve never done than and don’t think it’s ever caused any issue.
    I have been prepping my brass on a Lee APP.
    I bought a butload (3k?) of brass that was crimped and now it has polluted my supply. So I have been decapping and swaging.
    The issues I had were primers that I thought were seated, but standing proud enough to keep the case from sliding up the breech face. Now if I feel one snug I just pull it out and toss it (kinda hurts now that the primer costs almost a dime...).

But... since I was depriming I decided instead of using a decap die I could use a size die, and since I was going to wash the cases I could use case lube when I did. Makes the loading VERY smooth doing it with sized cases.
    Now that probably most of my crimped cases have been swaged I might quit, but not sure if I might still size as a prep.

User Tag List