Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dillon 750

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Does anyone swage 9mm?

That’s all I load and from what I can tell the main benefit to an 1100 is the option to swage. I didn’t even know what it was until I looked it up. I’ve never done than and don’t think it’s ever caused any issue.
    As much as I hate to deal with crimped primer pocket brass, stepping up to 1050/1100 is justified by that feature alone. It didn't used to be this way but I wasn't running into near as much mil spec brass then either. I have a Dillon Super Swage and you can motor through them with the rubber band trick, but it's still a separate operation. When you are loading in 10k to 20k runs it's not really feasible, only on press swaging is. If you are running smaller runs of 1k to 3k it'd be OK. I don't sort so running them through a swager at some point is almost mandatory these days.

Luckily I have a friend with a couple of Super 1050s setup with Mark 7 auto drives with all the bells and whistles just to do case prep. I'll pay him to run my brass. If it weren't for that I'd have to buy a 1100 or my head would explode.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Thanks for starting this, just last night I became bullet feeder curious.
    Just went ahead and ordered the feeder, hope it works just like on YouTube...

Site Supporter
    I have loaded on a 650 for years, so I won't comment on the priming system (since it is different), but since I have a case feeder and bullet feeder, I'll drop my .02.

I agree 100% with several comments about taking the time to set up one station at a time and get it all dialed in. I will also say that I will take some time every few thousand rounds to take things apart and clean/lube/inspect. The inevitable powder spills, gunk from cases/primers, etc. all slowly impacts how smooth and how well the machine runs. I will get frustrated when stuff doesn't run quite right, but almost 100% of the time, taking the time to diagnose and fix is well worth the time. There is nothing better than having the machine running 100%, especially with the bullet and case feeder (and even better with a primer filler!).

I have the mr. bulletfeeder and you should do some experimenting with the angle of the hopper and all the other adjustments. Once was having issues with bullets being upside down, falling out of the feeder, etc. until I really dialed it in. Now, I might have a bullet flipped once or twice every 1000, almost perfect.

I don't swage anything. After brass is cleaned, I use dillion ammo boxes to flip cases, headstamp up and visually inspect to remove all nato and other unwanted brass - usually just some .40, 380 and color marked primer pockets. Don't have any real issues seating primers on anything that's kept.

If you don't know, this is the fast + easy way to visually inspect brass by headstamp. Get some .40 100rd ammo boxes, snap the flip lid off and do it 100 at a time.

https://youtu.be/2yOFBZRXLjc
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Any advice for setting a 750 w/ bulletfeeder up from scratch? Should I start with position 1 and go thru them in order?

Any advice for setting a 750 w/ bulletfeeder up from scratch? Should I start with position 1 and go thru them in order?
    I would load a few before I tinkered with the bullet feeder. It is not difficult, but just walk before you run.
    Also, nice thing about the 750 I think is better than the 650 is you can load one cartridge at a time for the first few.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

When I got mine, I just set up everything else and ran the press a couple times without the bulletfeeder - probably loaded about 100-200 rounds I think just making sure things were dialed in. Then I broke out the bullet feeder and set it up.

Couple things I've learned - Getting up above the bullet feeder and watching it feed bullets into the top really shows you whats going on. I have to grab a step ladder to get above mine - its worth it though.
    Also, you can set up and run the bullet feeder just to fill the tube up and watch it run/see what its doing (if any problems - upside down bullets, bullets falling off, etc.) Then when it fills the tube - you can adjust/change things, then back to bullet dropper - just lift up the collar of the bullet dropper with your cupped hand underneath and empty the whole tube into your hand and go back up and watch again/change things. Kind of a way just to run the bullet feeder alone without using your press. If I can fill it up again with no issues, its usually gtg to start running with the press.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I would load a few before I tinkered with the bullet feeder. It is not difficult, but just walk before you run.
    Also, nice thing about the 750 I think is better than the 650 is you can load one cartridge at a time for the first few.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    When I got mine, I just set up everything else and ran the press a couple times without the bulletfeeder - probably loaded about 100-200 rounds I think just making sure things were dialed in. Then I broke out the bullet feeder and set it up.

Couple things I've learned - Getting up above the bullet feeder and watching it feed bullets into the top really shows you whats going on. I have to grab a step ladder to get above mine - its worth it though.
    Also, you can set up and run the bullet feeder just to fill the tube up and watch it run/see what its doing (if any problems - upside down bullets, bullets falling off, etc.) Then when it fills the tube - you can adjust/change things, then back to bullet dropper - just lift up the collar of the bullet dropper with your cupped hand underneath and empty the whole tube into your hand and go back up and watch again/change things. Kind of a way just to run the bullet feeder alone without using your press. If I can fill it up again with no issues, its usually gtg to start running with the press.
    Thank you I really appreciate the answers!

One more question (for now)!

How much space is needed between the ceiling and bullet/case feeder? Trying to figure out if my current bench, which is pretty tall, is going to work. I think I’ll have 4” clearance to the ceiling. I’d prefer to use it because it’s very stable and sturdy. My other option will need some reinforcing.

How much space is needed between the ceiling and bullet/case feeder? Trying to figure out if my current bench, which is pretty tall, is going to work. I think I’ll have 4” clearance to the ceiling. I’d prefer to use it because it’s very stable and sturdy. My other option will need some reinforcing.
    You should be fine, you really do not (IME) load up that many bullets into the feeder.
    Also, some folks make another arrangement for hanging the feeder from the ceiling, it doesn't have to be as high as it is when hanging from the case feeder.
    I would plan to use the press while standing (sounds like you are) and position it to be at the right height for your arms when you are seating the primers (that is what I did). If that puts the bullet feeder too high then I would fabricate something to mount the feeder, rather than compromise the positioning of the handle.
    When I set mine up I did have an opportunity to place the case feeder between the floor joists, just to give me a little more room when dumping cases into it.

position it to be at the right height for your arms when you are seating the primers
    The more I thought about it, this is not what I did, I set it up so at the bottom of the stroke the handle would be lower (ETA: NOT be lower...) than my arm is long... Hahah

Last edited by mmc45414; 01-08-2022 at 11:50 AM.

User Tag List