Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MatchPoint USA Glock Sights?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I was informed about this company and their Pull The Dot IWB Loop 'alternative' which was designed by Brian Okuden, who's been making knife sheaths for 20 years and current OEM for Spartan blades. These sights are rather unique, to say the least... surprised I've not seen or heard of them before. The photo is their 'speed' model and they also have a finer precision sight.

Attachment 80156

https://www.matchpointusa.com/produc...-speed-sights/
    I’ve seen this somewhere before…

Two snakes coming together around a black sun….

Name:  0815DA1E-F9D3-4137-B77C-708CD4010593.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  23.5 KB

Last edited by HCM; 11-19-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Everyone here, including myself, is prejudging these sights without even trying them, which is usually not an ideal response. I think they look like much more of a snag hazard than they really would be in real life. And they look like an abortion but that is irrelevant if they actually work well. That being said, I don't see how they are much different from a peep sight (ghost ring sight) which has already been tried on pistols and has never caught on. I'm guessing they are designed to be used with a target focus because if you try to focus on that tiny front post I think it will be both slower and less precise than traditional irons.
    If that’s the case, why not just run a Pistol Mounted Optic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    If that’s the case, why not just run a Pistol Mounted Optic?

I do.

But I'm guessing this is supposed to be a much cheaper and easier solution. 1/100th the cost for 1/1000 the performance?

If you read the description it does say they are meant to be used looking at the target instead of the sights.

Site Supporter
    The whole point of having front and rear sights is to have an easy means of perceiving horizontal and vertical alignment of those sights. With the possible exception of the gutter snipe sight, I do not think I have ever seen a sight design with less precise indicators of good alignment.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I shot and used these traps for a bit. When I left Steyr and went back to them I would vertically string a little, but could get back into the groove at shorter distances. Back then I never really shot at 25y but imagine vertically it would be a challenge.

I personally didn't see a speed advantage at my C IPSC level at the time (I do think I could hose with the Steyr M9A1 due to the pistol though) , and presume these Match points will be the same with respect to vertical stringing.

But yeah, happy with my irons and want to make a full transition to red dots.

I'll wait until they come out with the fiber optic version before I buy a set.

User Tag List