Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working on a trade for a P365 XL with Romeo Zero & TLR-6

Working on a trade for a P365 XL with Romeo Zero & TLR-6

I'm currently working on a trading a stock G19 Gen 3 for a P365 XL with a Romeo Zero and TLR-6.

I have a standard P365 and I really like it. The only RDS I have right now is a Burris Fastfire mounted on a Ruger Marl III Hunter. I really like that too. I have been thinking of jumping into using an RDS on a carry pistol and this seems to be a good opportunity to give it a try.

Any of you folks have this setup? How's it working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I'm currently working on a trading a stock G19 Gen 3 for a P365 XL with a Romeo Zero and TLR-6.

I have a standard P365 and I really like it. The only RDS I have right now is a Burris Fastfire mounted on a Ruger Marl III Hunter. I really like that too. I have been thinking of jumping into using an RDS on a carry pistol and this seems to be a good opportunity to give it a try.

Any of you folks have this setup? How's it working for you?
    You’re getting the better end of the deal but the Romeo zero has a poor performance record. The Holosun 407k and 507k have a better reputation for “duty” use. The Romeo zero will work great to help you learn the dot and you can easily sell it and with a little cash by a more robust optic.

The Romeo 0 is a piece of trash - polymer body, bottom loading battery, brightness adjustment button inside the body of the very small optic near the lens - just a terrible, terrible POS. The one that came on my P365XL was DOA, the replacement Sig sent died within 100 rounds. If you buy the XL with the R0 installed, there is no rear sight plate, so if you want to go back to irons while noodling out what optic is right for carry, you're going to have to shell out about $75 for a rear sight assembly.

The TLR6 is a light. It's about as bright as a couple of candles - truly pathetic that it's still marketed. I know it's the only option to throw on a non-railed pistol, but, a hand held light will do you MUCH better than a TLR-6.

So, you're trading a Glock for a P365Xl with a crap optic and crap light. I don't think that's a good deal, and I'm very fond of the P365XL, and very UNfond of most things Glock.

Of course, this is just one guy's opinion, and, if you don't like/carry/shoot the Glock, then it's a great trade, if you're going to actually use the 365XL.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    The Romeo 0 is a piece of trash - polymer body, bottom loading battery, brightness adjustment button inside the body of the very small optic near the lens - just a terrible, terrible POS. The one that came on my P365XL was DOA, the replacement Sig sent died within 100 rounds. If you buy the XL with the R0 installed, there is no rear sight plate, so if you want to go back to irons while noodling out what optic is right for carry, you're going to have to shell out about $75 for a rear sight assembly.

The TLR6 is a light. It's about as bright as a couple of candles - truly pathetic that it's still marketed. I know it's the only option to throw on a non-railed pistol, but, a hand held light will do you MUCH better than a TLR-6.

So, you're trading a Glock for a P365Xl with a crap optic and crap light. I don't think that's a good deal, and I'm very fond of the P365XL, and very UNfond of most things Glock.

Of course, this is just one guy's opinion, and, if you don't like/carry/shoot the Glock, then it's a great trade, if you're going to actually use the 365XL.
    Thanks for the input. I'll have to ask if he has a rear sight plate for it. And I'll have to make sure the RO even works! This deal is not looking as good as I thought at first.

I like the Glock OK but I have another G19 I like better.

Even if the TLR 6 and R0 are junk you can sell them as used and use the money to buy a legit optic.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Even if the TLR 6 and R0 are junk you can sell them as used and use the money to buy a legit optic.
    Good point!

If the person bought it with the R0 installed, it won't come with the rear sight plate.

You can buy it from Sig's website though.

I think you'd be better off in this market selling the Glock 19 and just buying a NIB P365XL. They're about $600 most places.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Trust me, everyone thinks the gun market is en fuego right now, but except for ammo or primers, it's really not. I've listed a lot of stuff online in the last 12 months, and the few things that have sold I've basically given away. The OP MIGHT get some money out of the R0 if it's basically new, with factory packaging, and he doesn't mind having eBay eat about 20% of the gross on it. The TLR6s are available for $69 new now, so, that's basically worth nothing in todays used gun accessory market.

If it was Nov 2020, things would be different. I'm with KevH - sell your G19 outright, wait until black Friday or Cyber Gunday, and buy a new XL.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Trust me, everyone thinks the gun market is en fuego right now, but except for ammo or primers, it's really not. I've listed a lot of stuff online in the last 12 months, and the few things that have sold I've basically given away. The OP MIGHT get some money out of the R0 if it's basically new, with factory packaging, and he doesn't mind having eBay eat about 20% of the gross on it. The TLR6s are available for $69 new now, so, that's basically worth nothing in todays used gun accessory market.

If it was Nov 2020, things would be different. I'm with KevH - sell your G19 outright, wait until black Friday or Cyber Gunday, and buy a new XL.
    Personally I wouldn’t sell anything on eBay. Forums and FB groups are the way to go because there’s zero fees. The general gun community is not p-f and doesn’t view the romeo zero the same as here. He can easily sell it for $85 and sell the tlr 6 for $35-$40. Even $25 is better than leaving it on a shelf.

My thought is just that a p365xl is worth more than a g19 all by itself. The other is just icing on the cake.

User Tag List