Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Holosun Red Dots Durable Enough for EDC and Hunting?

Are Holosun Red Dots Durable Enough for EDC and Hunting?

Are they durable enough for EDC and for hog hunting? Would prefer a Trijicon, but don't want to have to remove a red dot for battery changes.

Thanks.

Going off Sage Dynamics reviews, the 507 series is slightly less durable than an rmr, the 508 is about the same, and the 509 is unquestionably more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Are they durable enough for EDC and for hog hunting? Would prefer a Trijicon, but don't want to have to remove a red dot for battery changes.

Thanks.
    I would advice you go for trijicon.

I hope so, I just bought a fleet of 509T's to deploy to my road staff.

Yes. I’ve got a 407, a 507 and a 509. Currently the 407 is on my off duty and the 509 is on my duty gun. The 507/508/509 are all authorized for duty use at my agency. Along w the RMR.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Have one on the 30-30 I'm taking up the ridgeline, tomorrow, and that's the nicest job its had over the past few years.

Thanks.
    SRO has a top mounted battery compartment.

I’ve been shooting a G 19.5 MOS at work topped with a 509T via a CHPWS plate. Gun has 6,000 rounds on it in six weeks. Optic/mount and pistol are rocking along just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been seeing a lot of BTDT dudes rocking Holosun recently. GTG. I plan to get a 507k for my P365X in the very near future.

Site Supporter

Thanks.
    Yes. Holosuns pistol optics have done well in testing with several LE agencies. My local PD (2,000 sworn) authorizes the 508 and as I posted in another thread, at least one state police agency (Utah) is issuing the 509, which replaced RMRs. I believe Utah has about 650 Glock 17s with 509s on the street.

User Tag List