Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holosun reticle preference

It’s like a discussion about how to piss on the ground

Who cares why someone does it a different way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

That is what we do on the internet — piss, measure and repeat.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is what we do on the internet — piss, measure and repeat.
    Fair point

At least there weren’t any lumpy male appendage pic requests posted.

It was an inquiry as to what others prefer after trying the different modes.Don't like the question? Don't read the post .

It’s literally the PF mission statement:

The mission of pistol-forum.com is to serve as a professional resource for the exchange of information and ideas on the use of the pistol (and other firearms) in self defense, in an armed profession, and in competition. Through the respectful exchange of concepts and information we hope to be a resource that everyone from the accomplished professional to the relative novice can use to refine their ideas and practices to produce the best possible results for their situation.
    If it were just a dumb poll, you might have something, but the OP specifically asked for discussion of “why” people choose what they choose.

If you wanted to kick him in the nutsack for something, you should have complained that he posted in the wrong forum.

Caveat, my only present use of a red dot sight is Steel Challenge.

My little pea brain can only process so much information. All I can manage is to put the pipper on the plate and pull the trigger. Other "reticle features" are of no value to me and can distract.

I like a rather large dot, too. Dot sizes are specified in MOA but at pistol ranges, they don't cover nearly as much of the target as that number might lead you to think.
    Before red dot sights were feasible, Gil Hebard had Burris make him a 1.1X pistol scope with 7.75 MOA dot reticle for bullseye shooting. He had done the math to show that if you could hold the big black dot inside the black of a 50 yard bullseye, you would be assured a 10.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    It’s literally the PF mission statement:

If it were just a dumb poll, you might have something, but the OP specifically asked for discussion of “why” people choose what they choose.

If you wanted to kick him in the nutsack for something, you should have complained that he posted in the wrong forum.
    Mission statement - Oh please.

This isn’t about learning anymore than any other forum. It’s the same class clout, round count and comp ranking echo chamber of any other gun guy hangout.

I’m exactly the same shooter as I was before I got a fast coin - but without it no one would give 2 shits about anything I said

This isn’t about learning anymore than any other forum. It’s the same class clout, round count and comp ranking echo chamber of any other gun guy hangout.

I’m exactly the same shooter as I was before I got a fast coin - but without it no one would give 2 shits about anything I said
    were you the same douchebag before as well? Or did that come with the coin?

Quote Originally Posted by krav51 View Post
    were you the same douchebag before as well? Or did that come with the coin?
    See what I mean?

I've learned a lot from Pistol-Forum, and find it relatively free of ego-driven bullshit.

But, can we keep this on topic?

About RDS reticles: are any of the top USPSA CO, Open, and PCC shooters using anything other than a simple dot?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List