Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CORE optics mounting system

My very novice, non-scientific initial impressions of the optic system on my 2.0.

With a good adapter plate, such as C&H, I trust the system for the vertical screws (typical open emitter optic) that go through the plate and into the factory holes. For a side screw mount (closed emitter) system, I think I’d prefer direct mill.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Delta Point Pro mount for a Holosun with an RMR footprint?
    No. Dpp titanium is a brand that is sold on Amazon.

Site Supporter
    My interest here is that I plan to soon install an optic on a not yet selected pistol. About optics flying off slides. Weight of optic is a factor. Mass determines amount of inertia the unit has when the slide stops. When the inertia overcomes screw strength, the optic flies off. The plate can too depending on how it's attached. I suspect that plastic plates are uses to reduce mass. Would not larger diameter screws prevent this problem?

My lgs installs optics and noticed that accompanying screws are occasionally the wrong size or wrong thread pitch.

Any recommendations for BUIS for a CHPWS CORE PLATE/509tx2?

The Dawson co-witness set are too low and the dovetails took a ton of filing to get down to where they will fit on my buddy's M&P Metal slide. I see Dawson offers one step taller but I am wondering if I am missing anything in what looks like a sparse BUIS market.

User Tag List