Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: CORE optics mounting system

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As I mentioned my local PD issues the M&P 40 cal, Has been actively testing optics and has experienced several failures of the S&W CORE mounting system.

Here’s the latest.

Attachment 82624

Officer/instructor doing T&E of the new Steiner pistol optic had the optic break off under recoil snd strike the shooter in the head.

The good news is the Steiner optic survived impact with both the Officer’s head and the ground and is ready to be re-mounted on another gun.

As you can see the Steiner’s ACRO cross bolt interface held up and the plate remains attached to the optic but the screws holding the plate to slide sheared.
    Sage Dynamics may hire this officer as a guest instructor.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  Screenshot_20220118-021054~2.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  31.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20220118-021054~2.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  31.6 KB
    Well this made my day

It seems to me that the SCS on an m&p would have the reverse problem of putting a dot on other handguns. For my preference at least, I would need to replace the sights but to a shorter set - as the core sights are fairly high and the SCS being low would allow the sights to occlude more of the window than I like.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    It seems to me that the SCS on an m&p would have the reverse problem of putting a dot on other handguns. For my preference at least, I would need to replace the sights but to a shorter set - as the core sights are fairly high and the SCS being low would allow the sights to occlude more of the window than I like.
    Yes, you'd need to go back down to standard height sights. Not a deal breaker to me to take advantage of the lower and direct mount. Dawson makes blacked out CORE sights in various heights.

S&W has optic ready models in their LE catalog that have standard height sights. I can see where logistically this would be great for agencies because they could issue optics ready guns with standard height sights en masse but also have an option for mounting an optic without a plate being required or changing sights, etc.

Just so I don’t have to read multiple pages…..
    I have a M&P 10mm ordered. I also have a Holosun 407(rmr pattern) I want to put on it. After reading that the included mounts are no good, which mount should I order? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    Just so I don’t have to read multiple pages…..
    I have a M&P 10mm ordered. I also have a Holosun 407(rmr pattern) I want to put on it. After reading that the included mounts are no good, which mount should I order? Thanks!
    I ordered a DPP mount off of amazon. I figured that it couldn’t be any worse than the included plastic mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I ordered a DPP mount off of amazon. I figured that it couldn’t be any worse than the included plastic mounts.
    Delta Point Pro mount for a Holosun with an RMR footprint?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As I mentioned my local PD issues the M&P 40 cal, Has been actively testing optics and has experienced several failures of the S&W CORE mounting system.

Here’s the latest.

Attachment 82624

Officer/instructor doing T&E of the new Steiner pistol optic had the optic break off under recoil snd strike the shooter in the head.

The good news is the Steiner optic survived impact with both the Officer’s head and the ground and is ready to be re-mounted on another gun.

As you can see the Steiner’s ACRO cross bolt interface held up and the plate remains attached to the optic but the screws holding the plate to slide sheared.
    Update:

This dept found the CORE system lacking and is now issuing the M&P 2.0 9mm factory cut for the ACRO footprint. Optics options are the ACRO P2 and the Steiner.

User Tag List