Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIWB for Kahr

AIWB for Kahr

I have never been a fan of appendix holsters, and have none, but I think it is time I see what all the fuss is about. My most common concealed (as opposed to covered) gun is a Kahr PM9. My usual "go-to" holster makers don't seem to offer AIWB holsters for Kahr. Any recommendations for a high quality AIWB holster for a Kahr? Wait times and price are not really issues...my holster boxes are pretty full so I want to try and get a good one the first time if possible.

Thanks

They're far from my favorite (none of my favorites support Kahr either), but Vedder makes a passable IWB/AIWB holster and they make it for the common Kahr models. I happen to have one for my CM9. I do kindof hate their bulky clip, so mine wears a DCC.

The PM9/CM9 is a tiny, tiny gun. I highly recommend getting a holster made for a CW9. The extra length will help keep the holster from tipping out when the ride height is set for anything that actually allows a good grip on the draw. I'd recommend getting one for an even longer Kahr model but the CM9 and CW9 sizes seem to be all Vedder supports for the 9mm Kahrs.

I carried my PM9 in an Alessi Talon. It doesn’t require much holster. It didn’t roll out for me but I was better about donuts in those days.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Well, I have a P9 I could use instead for that purpose. I carry the PM9 a lot and thought shorter would be more comfortable when seated. I do recall reading about people having issues keeping the butt close to the body and that a longer barrel can help. And then I guess some people buy little pillow or wedge things to attach to the holster as well. I think I would prefer to avoid the pillow thing.

ETA: I apologize for my ignorance on this subject. As I think about it, perhaps there is nothing "special" about a holster marketed as appendix carry and any vertical IWB would work well? If so, then I could use something like a Kramer 1 1/2 holster.
    Last edited by jd950; 11-16-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Well, I have a P9 I could use instead for that purpose. I carry the PM9 a lot and thought shorter would be more comfortable when seated. I do recall reading about people having issues keeping the butt close to the body and that a longer barrel can help. And then I guess some people buy little pillow or wedge things to attach to the holster as well. I think I would prefer to avoid the pillow thing.
    It all varies from person to person. I'm currently sitting at my desk job wearing a Government 1911 AIWB and loving it. I hate carrying my Kahr in its tiny holster because it gets into "LEGO territory." The LEGO principle being that stepping barefoot on a LEGO hurts like hell precisely because it is tiny. Stepping on a cinder block doesn't hurt because it's too big to poke you.

As for pillows and wedges, I'm a fan, but it again depends on body type. There's also a ton of ways to do that aside from buying a pillow. I cut pieces of foam from a Yoga block to attach with velcro. People do similar with Dr. Scholl's inserts for just a little bit of wedge. Other people don't use them. The only constant is trial and error.

Desantis lists the Slim-Tuk for the P9.

(I have had mixed luck with the Slim-Tuk. One I bought for an LCR was fine, and held me over until I got better. One I bought for a Kahr CM40 absolutely did not fit well. They're cheap enough that it's probably worth a try.)

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post

ETA: I apologize for my ignorance on this subject. As I think about it, perhaps there is nothing "special" about a holster marketed as appendix carry and any vertical IWB would work well? If so, then I could use something like a Kramer 1 1/2 holster.
    Its not the longer barrel that helps but the longer holster. So a P9 holster is the way to go for both the Kahrs. I have not found a maker but haven't checked in awhile. Following the thread with high hopes.

JM Kydex "The George" is what I have, I think...
    Works well. (Don't wear it that often these days...)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    JM Kydex "The George" is what I have, I think...
    Works well. (Don't wear it that often these days...)
    last I checked, they do not list for Kahr.

http://lenwood.com/shop/holsters/full-battle-dress/

I had him build it with a Raven claw. I typically dislike this style but it works for such a small gun. I sold it to my best friend when I sold him my kahr cw9.

User Tag List