Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New CMMG FourSix in 4.6x30mm

If Kel-Tec would riff on the broomhandle Mauser and get something as close to Han Solo's blaster as you could get without running afoul of Disney's lawyers, they'd sell all they could make. At least eight, maybe ten. Call it the DL-46? Money.

I'm only sort of kidding.

If you're hipster enough to want something in 4.6x30 you're too hipster to want it in an AR15.

Someone needs to come out with a pistol in the same config as an Uzi/MP7 with the mag in the grip and some sort of brace. Then calibers like 4.6 and 5.7 might make more sense maybe. Probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Until those hordes of flesh eating, slow moving zombie squirrels invade!

...Then all three people that bought one of these stupid things will have a great time going through the whole 150 rounds of ammo they own.
    Heh. The perfect weapon for countering the gepanzerte sturmsquirreltruppen threat...

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

I have an irrational desire to see a 4.6 or 5.7 8" upper paired to a KE Arms KP-15 polymer lower with the cut-down "entry" level stock, just to see how much of an actual toy it might be.

On the other hand, I've got a slight-statured friend with a 380EZ that she likes very much. I've wondered about a 9mm RDB gun, and now I wonder about one of these, maybe with an A2 flash hider and a Griffin Armament blast shield. More expensive than the 9mm, but a little more capacity, and by the reporting, even less recoil.

Maybe something that's a more reliable choice than a rimfire semi-auto, while filling the same (questionable?) niche.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I have an irrational desire to see a 4.6 or 5.7 8" upper paired to a KE Arms KP-15 polymer lower with the cut-down "entry" level stock, just to see how much of an actual toy it might be.

On the other hand, I've got a slight-statured friend with a 380EZ that she likes very much. I've wondered about a 9mm RDB gun, and now I wonder about one of these, maybe with an A2 flash hider and a Griffin Armament blast shield. More expensive than the 9mm, but a little more capacity, and by the reporting, even less recoil.

Maybe something that's a more reliable choice than a rimfire semi-auto, while filling the same (questionable?) niche.
    I can see the appeal for such a gun in 5.7x28, so long as the 5.7x28 Gold Dots actually perform well. But I think it's highly unlikely that any such duty ammo will exist in 4.6mm anytime soon, if ever. I'd also be concerned about magazine reliability and vetting such a gun overall.
    My younger sister and my mother both fall into this category as well, but I'm leaning toward an SP9A3 roller-locked Stribog instead if that solution goes toward a braced pistol of some kind.

I'm also considering a 10/22 Charger pistol with a brace and red dot, vetted with Ruger magazines and CCI minimags, or veering upward toward a lightweight 11.5in AR in 5.56 with a proper gas port and sensible muzzle device.

The new Kel-Tec P50 looks more like what this should look like.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List