Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New CMMG FourSix in 4.6x30mm

Site Supporter

New CMMG FourSix in 4.6x30mm

I just got an email announcing the new CMMG FourSix. I have no interest, but here's a link for those of you who are.

https://cmmg.com/four-six

Definitely interesting since I believe this is the first commercial gun in 4.6x30. Ammo is available which is refreshing but not a lot of options. Be interesting if this cartridge takes off in the commercial market.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Site Supporter
    That is the single most annoyingly fluffed-up webpage I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Definitely interesting since I believe this is the first commercial gun in 4.6x30. Ammo is available which is refreshing but not a lot of options. Be interesting if this cartridge takes off in the commercial market.
    Not unless A LOT of other manufacturers jump on board... CMMG isn't going to be able to produce enough of these to even move the needle.

While I have an irrational want for an MP7-shaped firearm chambered in 9mm, I just can’t see a reason to use 4.6 in an AR15-sized firearm. The Rattler is in that same size range, as are various 9mm SMG/PCC options.

I did a quick search and found no ammo available and the prices for the oos ammo were not cheap. I’m not sure why this even exists in an AR.

Thats so uninteresting it hurts.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

It's one of those things that I get in a sort of theoretical sense, but it's so far outside both my rational needs and irrational desires that I also don't grok it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I guess this is for those who find 5.7x28 too affordable and available?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's one of those things that I get in a sort of theoretical sense, but it's so far outside both my rational needs and irrational desires that I also don't grok it.
    I think I'm just jaded with everything being an AR 15 pattern design. I love the AR platform and own a bunch, but just give me somthing else man! Literally anything other than an AR would be cool to me at this point.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

User Tag List