Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ 600 Series Rifles

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    oh I am totally going to end up with a Trail in .223. Fuck. Gotta figure out how to make room in the safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    oh I am totally going to end up with a Trail in .223. Fuck. Gotta figure out how to make room in the safe...
    it would be a really handy rifle with an acss reticle...

This is perfect timing, I have a bunch of old .30-06 that needs a host along with a 2-7 Mueller Multi-Shot (not a bad value scope for the money) to mount atop it. I was looking at the Beretta straight pull bolt design they are coming out with but the price tag is just stupid on that one for how much 'actual' use this would see. Mostly would be there on the off chance I get to go deer hunting, lol. I've always loved CZ rifles and I'm sure these will not disappoint either. Everybody mourns when CZ discontinues something but I believe it's mostly an upgrade when they do and you don't really lose any quality or craftsmanship... mostly just using more advanced process and developments I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    it would be a really handy rifle with an acss reticle...
    I was thinking an LPVO or a 2nd Trijicon Credo 2-10 or similar. I have the latter scope on a DMR style AR and it is perfect. Only 23oz, with a light fixed mount it would be a perfect match of weight and magnification. Either way, a 2-10 ish scope would be ideal for a gun like this, especially if you could get one that was nice and lightweight. I could also live with a 1-8 or a 1-10 too, but I think for my purposes wouldn't really need true 1x mag for this kind of gun. 2-2.5 would be perfect low end mag, upper range 10-12. Scope, rings, QD bipod (Magpul?), K2 pistol grip, done.

Alternatively could skip the bipod and just live with a 1-8x LPVO ... hmm..

Site Supporter
    I was thinking an LPVO or a 2nd Trijicon Credo 2-10 or similar. I have the latter scope on a DMR style AR and it is perfect. Only 23oz, with a light fixed mount it would be a perfect match of weight and magnification. Either way, a 2-10 ish scope would be ideal for a gun like this, especially if you could get one that was nice and lightweight. I could also live with a 1-8 or a 1-10 too, but I think for my purposes wouldn't really need true 1x mag for this kind of gun. 2-2.5 would be perfect low end mag, upper range 10-12. Scope, rings, QD bipod (Magpul?), K2 pistol grip, done.

Alternatively could skip the bipod and just live with a 1-8x LPVO ... hmm..
    So the question is with the trail with say a one to 8 LPVOBA “scout rifle”

I would say yes, especially if they chambered in a slightly more powerful but still “AR” sized round such as 6.5 Grendel or 6 mm ARC.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    This is perfect timing, I have a bunch of old .30-06 that needs a host along with a 2-7 Mueller Multi-Shot (not a bad value scope for the money) to mount atop it. I was looking at the Beretta straight pull bolt design they are coming out with but the price tag is just stupid on that one for how much 'actual' use this would see. Mostly would be there on the off chance I get to go deer hunting, lol. I've always loved CZ rifles and I'm sure these will not disappoint either. Everybody mourns when CZ discontinues something but I believe it's mostly an upgrade when they do and you don't really lose any quality or craftsmanship... mostly just using more advanced process and developments I believe.
    There may not be any loss of quality but one of the attractions that led me to get a 527 was the classic styling.

The 600 series may not give up anything in terms of quality or even performance but they are FUGLY in a uniquely euro trash way.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So the question is with the trail with say a one to 8 LPVOBA “scout rifle”

I would say yes, especially if they chambered in a slightly more powerful but still “AR” sized round such as 6.5 Grendel or 6 mm ARC.
    Definitely. I think with a .223 I probably will lean in the direction of a 1-nx LPVO with an emphasis on low weight. The 2-10 option is attractive, however; Primary arms has a PI made 2.5-10 that is affordably priced and lightweight.The trijicon really isn't that much more than the PA, though, and I do really love the one I have.

Me too. It will probably replace my 233 MVP and Ruger 223 GSR.

I’ve been considering a SIG Cross, but one of the Trails in 5.56 would possibly better fill that perceived need. They don’t seem to be out in the wild yet, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ve had a GB search set up for the Trail since it was announced, but nothing yet. Has anyone heard anything about availability or pricing estimates?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List