Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ 600 Series Rifles

New CZ 600 Series Rifles

They come up with some interesting ideas on this rifle. It has a vertical safety, quick change barrel and bolt head (for easy caliber change), semi-control feed action, a very unique take on the plunger ejector, lockable magazine that can be top loaded, and adjustable trigger. The "Trail" version seems like it could be a great truck gun/ varmint calling rifle.

I hope these turn out to be good rifles. On the down side, it looks like the 527 is discontinued.

Name:  IMG-0762 (1).jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  33.3 KB
    Last edited by ECVMatt; 11-15-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    They come up with some interesting ideas on this rifle. It has a vertical safety, quick change barrel and bolt head (for easy caliber change), semi-control feed action, a very unique take on the plunger ejector, lockable magazine that can be top loaded, and adjustable trigger. The "Trail" version seems like it could be a great truck gun/ varmint calling rifle.

I hope these turn out to be good rifles. On the down side, it looks like the 527 is discontinued.

Name:  IMG-0762 (1).jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  33.3 KB
    The trail rifle is really calling my name.. Great truck rifle for the desert
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 11-16-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    The trail rifle is really calling my name.. Great truck rifle for the desert
    Currently only listed in .223 and 7.62x39 on their website, weird.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Pretty heavy for what they are. I don't see them taking a huge chunk out of the Tikka-build market.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

No more 527? Oh, that’s sad.
    I got one in 7.62x39 this summer after wanting one for a few years. I’m glad I got it, especially now, but it has only made me want more (.223 etc).

LUX looks interesting from the photo…

Seems heavy for the specs… 8+ lbs? M70 featherweight is over a pound less…

If 527 is discontinued I imagine the secondhand market for them will get a boost.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Interesting Video On The Trail...

I like the idea of a lightweight folding bolt action rifle. Sig Cross, CZ 600, etc…. But to me, the refinement is not there yet. I like the chassis and folding stock on the Cross, but hear the hinge lock wiggles over time. I like the bolt action design and refinement on a Tikka better than a Cross or 600 also. Now if a company would develop a lightweight folding chassis, I might be interested. Especially for a Tikka action.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

It looks interesting, and with significant potential.

The discontinuation of the CZ 527 is unfortunate. It provided exceptional value and performance with old-world workmanship and materials. I'm a little surprised that no one, CZ or aftermarket, ever came up with a quality 10 round magazine for it, but the OEM 5 rounders were well made and not unreasonably priced.

If any 527s are still in the pipeline, if you've got the urge for one I'd definitely snap them up. I strongly suspect their price on the seondary market will massively surge in short order.

Best, Jon

I like the look of this one. Hopefully the street price puts it under $1k. I think it would be handy and fairly light with a LPVO.

User Tag List