Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major wind storm

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Little bit of power flickering here. Wife bought a couple of battery backups so she can at least finish working if the power goes down. Not a bad idea and I can recharge them with the FJ.

7' swells on the Sound on my way home this evening. Made for a wild ride. I didn't puke, but I'm not sure that's a victory. Worse the barometric pressure waves has set off a migraine that may finish the job the sea didn't...

I dunno how you folks live with "weather" like this.
    It's not so bad once you get used to it. Elon Musk wants to build a colony on Mars.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    You must have brought the crap weather with you from Chicago. This is not a normal fall.
    Somebody get a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Well, we did get some wind. Unfortunately a tree fell and killed a high school boy on a field trip. Real tragedy.
    About 3 PM my wife wanted to take a walk down our private road. I said maybe tomorrow because the trees are still falling and I don't want to guess what direction they might fall. Old loggers advice when the wind kicks up.. Stay out of the woods.

Sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    You must have brought the crap weather with you from Chicago. This is not a normal fall.
    Look man, you can make this all go away...That Rybka Rhodesian + A Hi-Power in exchange for my weather control secrets.

Look man, you can make this all go away...That Rybka Rhodesian + A Hi-Power in exchange for my weather control secrets.
    I would be skeptical of this offer if I were you. If he had any weather control secrets he wouldn't be riding the chop in his commute.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I dunno how you folks live with "weather" like this.
    Probably the last comparable storm was around 1990 maybe? It was a good one. Much colder, and out of the north, not the west. The docks were covered with salt slush.

I'm hearing that I-5 is blocked between Burlington and Bellingham with flooding and landslides in both directions. The only other route large enough to send trucks on is also likely flooded, but at least should become passable before the mudslides are cleared. That's a mofo for Bellingham.

Other fun: A tractor-trailer tipped over on Deception Pass bridge. At least the third time it's happened in the last 20 years. Second time this calendar year. None have gone over the edge.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/sem...IGEPUXIQCPUPQ/

The river north of Borderland is supposed to get within ~1.5 ft of breaching the levee in the biggest city in the county.

It's interesting times, for sure.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Well, we did get some wind. Unfortunately a tree fell and killed a high school boy on a field trip. Real tragedy.
    Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

User Tag List