Thread: Fed Ex hiring

Fed Ex hiring

Just had a package delivered. FedEx Ground. Talked to the driver and all FEG is contracted. He is the owner and has a bunch of trucks. He told me if he could hire 40 guys right now he would. He said the pay is $17 but right now they are paying $2 hr bonus. You dont need a special license and if you dont have experience they will train. 21 and drug tested.
    If a person is not 21 they have jobs called Jumpers thats paying $15.50. They will train jumpers to be drivers if they are close enough to 21. Apparently they are working a ton of hours. He runs out of state crews also.
    So if you know someone who needs some work theres an option.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Fed Ex sucks so bad by us I will do almost anything to avoid using them. Maybe this is part of why. 17$/hr. Our local McDonalds is coming very close to that.

My friends at UPS tell me that they are hurting for good crews on the trucks and in the hubs, too. All the hourly folks are hired on as Teamsters, so more $ per hour and eventually pretty good benefits.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

When I was facing a furlough last summer UPS hired me on the spot as a temp driver after a 2 minute interview at $21/hr full time with free health insurance and benefits. They also mentioned that it could likely transition into a permanent job at the end of the temp period but I wasn't interested in that. I have no commercial driving experience beyond driving a 5 ton in the military on occasion.

This was last year when everyone was getting laid off or furloughed. I can only imagine how desperate they are now, and I bet their starting wages are a damn sight higher then $17/hr. I never ended up working for them since my furlough was averted at the last minute but they seem like a really good company to make a ton of money if you are young, fit and willing to put in the work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Fed Ex sucks so bad by us I will do almost anything to avoid using them. Maybe this is part of why. 17$/hr. Our local McDonalds is coming very close to that.
    They offered me a job, and I can't walk.😁

USPS is in the same boat. Our local postmaster is doing her regular job and covers a route. They currently have 3 full timers down with Covid and 6 retiring next year. Right now she is concerned that the part timers might quit after black Friday packages start arriving. Last year, our driver broke down in tears on my front porch.

If I recall the rate is around $19.20/hr with med, dental, and retirement. If I did not have to use a personal vehicle (shes held together with bondo and prayers) I would be there in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    My friends at UPS tell me that they are hurting for good crews on the trucks and in the hubs, too. All the hourly folks are hired on as Teamsters, so more $ per hour and eventually pretty good benefits.
    My firm regularly handles cases for UPS employees through Teamsters: traffic, criminal, estate planning, guardianship, we do the work and send Teamsters the bill—the client (or sometimes client’s spouse/child) pays nothing. Rarely needed for most people, but a pretty good benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by amyst View Post
    Good to know, my 20yo cousin is looking for gig now, i will let him know
    Hope it works out for him regardless of where he applies.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List