Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kalshnikov USA KP-9, a nostalgic "Commie" plinker?

Kalshnikov USA KP-9, a nostalgic "Commie" plinker?

Does anyone have one of these yet? Thoughts? Impressions? I ordered one with the SB Tactical Folding Brace. Why? Makes me think...."Krinkov", and should be a good range toy, and one my wife should be comfortable with. I should probably spend my cash on a suppressor for the Rattler, but this one made me smile!

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/firearms/kp-9-pistol/

Another video in case you've not seen it.

https://youtu.be/rHN5KSLcS2M

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I really, really want one. The only thing making me hold off are the proprietary magazine, but really that's just the excuse I'm telling myself so I don't spend ~$1500 on a range toy + optic + mags etc.

They are cool, and I got to handle one last summer.
    But, it's basically the same as my Skorpion Evo, being a straight blowback gun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    They are cool, and I got to handle one last summer.
    But, it's basically the same as my Skorpion Evo, being a straight blowback gun.
    Similar situation here. I own an AR-9 that is fun but rarely shoot it.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I really, really want one. The only thing making me hold off are the proprietary magazine, but really that's just the excuse I'm telling myself so I don't spend ~$1500 on a range toy + optic + mags etc.
    If the proprietary magazine is the only stumbling block, you might give a look at the Palmetto State Armory AK-V. The AK-V feeds from either PSA AK-V mags ($16 ea, at last check) *or* Skorpion mags.

Not sure who's was first on the market, but K-USA and PSA are very similar. Neither is an exact Vityaz clone, for those concerned about such things.

That's pretty much the end of my knowledge. I do not know what the PF cognoscenti thinks of either of these guns

Cheers!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    If the proprietary magazine is the only stumbling block, you might give a look at the Palmetto State Armory AK-V. The AK-V feeds from either PSA AK-V mags ($16 ea, at last check) *or* Skorpion mags.

Not sure who's was first on the market, but K-USA and PSA are very similar. Neither is an exact Vityaz clone, for those concerned about such things.

That's pretty much the end of my knowledge. I do not know what the PF cognoscenti thinks of either of these guns

Cheers!
    Thankfully, PSA's been really good about being Out-of-Stock on any of the variants I'd want, otherwise I might be in trouble late some evening after a second pour of bourbon. I'm trying to limit those indiscretions to late-night Gunbroker bidding on vintage wheelguns.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Thankfully, PSA's been really good about being Out-of-Stock on any of the variants I'd want, otherwise I might be in trouble late some evening after a second pour of bourbon. I'm trying to limit those indiscretions to late-night Gunbroker bidding on vintage wheelguns.
    When drinking, you.... A. Hide your keys and B. Unplug and hide the wire to your modem!!!

PSA uses same mags as the Scorpion. The only "issue" I found is the PSA version does fall out of the Scorpion as freely as the CZ mags do, when empty.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    PSA uses same mags as the Scorpion. The only "issue" I found is the PSA version does fall out of the Scorpion as freely as the CZ mags do, when empty.

These work?

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessori...obal_color=118

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    These work?

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessori...obal_color=118

Technically yes but I've never used them. To be honest I always thought Magpul was/has been mostly overated. Very 2002 AR. I have their AR mags and they've all been good but I don't go out of my way trying to get anything else

User Tag List