Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Police Radio Resignation

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Wow.
    Given they're supposed to be over 2000 officers total force, this is a heck of an understatement.

@AMC, thanks for sharing.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Good and hard.
    Name:  4CF54D6D-4373-4653-AB44-F20BF0452302.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  41.3 KB
    #RESIST

I have several patients who are Phoenix PD. Everyone of them are looking to retire ASAP or when they qualify for their pension. One guy is only 42 years old and he is planning to retire soon. I asked him what he is going to do since he still has a shitload of years to live. He said he didn't have a plan; he just had to get out. All of these guys used to be in specialized units (SWAT, detectives, warrants, etc) but the common theme was when they were placed on patrol regularly. One of them told me that they cannot reliably cover a beat with the usual 6 officers. He also told me to plan for defense strategies where the police can't respond in time including getting body armor. I'm not a huge fan of more taxes/bonds but if the city put one up for more officers, I'll vote yes immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I have several patients who are Phoenix PD. Everyone of them are looking to retire ASAP or when they qualify for their pension. One guy is only 42 years old and he is planning to retire soon. I asked him what he is going to do since he still has a shitload of years to live. He said he didn't have a plan; he just had to get out. All of these guys used to be in specialized units (SWAT, detectives, warrants, etc) but the common theme was when they were placed on patrol regularly. One of them told me that they cannot reliably cover a beat with the usual 6 officers. He also told me to plan for defense strategies where the police can't respond in time including getting body armor. I'm not a huge fan of more taxes/bonds but if the city put one up for more officers, I'll vote yes immediately.
    All the taxes in the world can't buy you cops when you don't let the police poh-leece. Things like requiring a supervisors permission to search-incident-to-arrest is just crazy. Being on a warpath to make sure every cop will be sued, disciplined, fired or criminally charged when they haven't done anything wrong is what is driving this.

SSA-OIG has lost 37% of their Special Agents in the last 18 months due to bad management practices, and that's an agency that is entirely well funded and well paid.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

More than a dozen NYPD cops have ditched the Big Apple to join the force in a small Florida city — part of a nationwide trend of disgruntled officers finding greener pastures in pro-police communities.

Lakeland — a community of 108,000 people 35 miles east of Tampa — mounted a social media campaign targeting NYC cops earlier this year, and in April dispatched a delegation to recruit in Times Square.

Fourteen former Finest moved to Lakeland in the past year — 12 of them wooed over the past two months thanks to the recruiting trip.

The respect accorded cops in Florida “was an eye opener,” former NYPD cop Matthew Spoto said at a September press conference after heeding Lakeland’s call of duty.

In New York, “it was almost like I was ashamed to be a law enforcement officer,” he said.
    https://nypost.com/2021/11/13/nypd-c...ey-in-florida/

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Has anyone seen any PDs offer housing options at/near the station if an officer volunteers/voluntold to work overtime shifts with a quick turnaround between shifts?

Obviously this isn't the crux of the issue at hand, but with some areas being so expensive that officers have to live 2+ hours away it seems like an obvious friction point that could be smoothed out as applicable.
    When my old department built a new station in the mid ‘90s, sleeping quarters were included.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    All the money in the world will not solve this problem. My buddy works in a specialized unit, but may have to start working in the jail every so often due to staffing issues.

The moral decay of our society is partly to blame, as are the leftists policies that are cancerous to law and order. Some who put forth these policies are stage one thinkers, others are happy to see the destructive results of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    All the money in the world will not solve this problem. My buddy works in a specialized unit, but may have to start working in the jail every so often due to staffing issues.

The moral decay of our society is partly to blame, as are the leftists policies that are cancerous to law and order. Some who put forth these policies are stage one thinkers, others are happy to see the destructive results of them.
    I agree. Offer a guy $100k per year but..he patrols by himself, there are never enough officers on his shift, he sees co-workers die serving a warrant or checking on a domestic violence call, he sees perps let out of jail w/ in 24 hrs almost no matter the crime, he sees co-workers being sued over their treatment of a perp, he should have used spray instead of his gun, he sees those being sued get NO backup from the higher ups in his department, etc, etc. If it were me, my first stage of dealing w/ it would be a drastic reduction in getting involved. Driving by while watching a drug deal going on because me going up to 4 perps who are all likely armed is not worth it. At some point my life is worth more to me than that of a criminal and eventually my life would be more important to me than that of the possible victim. Even an offer of $150k doesn't do much when the possibility of not going home at shift end keeps going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of more taxes/bonds but if the city put one up for more officers, I'll vote yes immediately.
    As already noted, money won't solve this easily. The number of people willing to do the job has diminished greatly, including the ones already doing the job.

The "tax" that the extreme left has put on the job (and the public has effectively supported) is such a disincentive that it will take years to recover from.

I used to have a standing list of people who wanted to work my area. We have an excellent reputation of equipping and training our officers well and supporting them when they do pro-active law enforcement. I am now begging and losing folks to jobs that offer better work/life balance incentives like better work schedules.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    As already noted, money won't solve this easily. The number of people willing to do the job has diminished greatly, including the ones already doing the job.

The "tax" that the extreme left has put on the job (and the public has effectively supported) is such a disincentive that it will take years to recover from.

I used to have a standing list of people who wanted to work my area. We have an excellent reputation of equipping and training our officers well and supporting them when they do pro-active law enforcement. I am now begging and losing folks to jobs that offer better work/life balance incentives like better work schedules.
    I think thats people in certain areas have supported. I dont see that here and while we had some protesting they could only operate within certain guidelines and anything outside of that got shut down.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List