Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else into high end custom guns/1911's?

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Just got my first this year.

Sent my 9mm Colt Combat Commander to Evolution Armory for a full build (or pretty damn close to it).

Hands down the nicest and most accurate handgun I own.

Thats a nice collection you have!
    Nice man, Dave is a super nice guy with solid cred! I’ve enjoyed my conversations with him over the years…. He’s always willing to listen to customers and give their projects a chance even if it might be outside his typical offering or styling.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Very nice! I have a single 1911 that costs more than 3,000 bucks and the rest cost less than 900 bucks.

Yet they all work about the same and all shoot far better than I am able to take advantage of (all but one can produce 5 shot groups of less than 2 inches) and I would be able to hundo a B8 with any of them if I could do that consistently.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I shoot B8’s pretty regularly! Although this one isn’t a 1911… more 2011, it’s my favorite pistol to shoot. 100’s are difficult, yet I am now shooting them pretty often

Name:  C1E35918-6A13-4DE2-A966-2294DF2E175E.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  6CE8DDFB-692F-44DD-9BF5-E3965BA21272.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  96.8 KB

Just missed her

Name:  34312960-6E8C-4C6A-BFD8-AE8D8ECF3504.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  88.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    I shoot B8’s pretty regularly! Although this one isn’t a 1911… more 2011, it’s my favorite pistol to shoot. 100’s are difficult, yet I am now shooting them pretty often

Name:  C1E35918-6A13-4DE2-A966-2294DF2E175E.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  6CE8DDFB-692F-44DD-9BF5-E3965BA21272.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  96.8 KB

Just missed her

Name:  34312960-6E8C-4C6A-BFD8-AE8D8ECF3504.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  88.8 KB
    Beautiful shooting and beautiful 1911s. I am a huge fan of Joe Chambers and think his mathematics reviews are just the coolest thing. Definitely if I were to buy a fully decked out 1911 (less likely nowadays) I'd buy one from him...but as it stands, his recommendations on what companies make good guns (and how other companies cut corners) carry a lot of weight to me.

Beautiful shooting and beautiful 1911s. I am a huge fan of Joe Chambers and think his mathematics reviews are just the coolest thing. Definitely if I were to buy a fully decked out 1911 (less likely nowadays) I'd buy one from him...but as it stands, his recommendations on what companies make good guns (and how other companies cut corners) carry a lot of weight to me.

Thank you for the compliment. I consider myself a good shooter! I dedicate a lot of time, entertaining, and money to the craft.

I agree… and it’s actually refreshing to hear this. In a time when more people get upset at Chambers for pointing out flaws or issues in pistols vs being upset with the actual builders of the gun, it’s something that really does baffle me. I guess lot just don’t like his approach, but I have no issue with it.

That said, I don’t think builders/companies who have a different set of standards than Joe, or who build guns different than Chambers are bad. I’ve owned a bunch. Many of them have shot and run nicely. I think Joes bigger point is for “x” dollars” you should get “x” amount of work. And to his credit, he can show without emotion (based off of numbers and proven tolerances/math) that a lot of times people are not.

I don’t want to open that can of worms here as many get upset real quick when you start talking about Chambers and his reviews. I however appreciate and understand where he is coming from on them!

Site Supporter

You might be interested in these two threads:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....isited/page175

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-today/page115

Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. I consider myself a good shooter! I dedicate a lot of time, entertaining, and money to the craft.

I agree… and it’s actually refreshing to hear this. In a time when more people get upset at Chambers for pointing out flaws or issues in pistols vs being upset with the actual builders of the gun, it’s something that really does baffle me. I guess lot just don’t like his approach, but I have no issue with it.

That said, I don’t think builders/companies who have a different set of standards than Joe, or who build guns different than Chambers are bad. I’ve owned a bunch. Many of them have shot and run nicely. I think Joes bigger point is for “x” dollars” you should get “x” amount of work. And to his credit, he can show without emotion (based off of numbers and proven tolerances/math) that a lot of times people are not.

I don’t want to open that can of worms here as many get upset real quick when you start talking about Chambers and his reviews. I however appreciate and understand where he is coming from on them!
    I’m on the list for a WMG now, but I’m not sure which one I actually want. single stack, double, 45, 38 super???

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I’m on the list for a WMG now, but I’m not sure which one I actually want. single stack, double, 45, 38 super???
    Impossible to give a honest thought on that.

I know for me, I’ve become a dot is life guy! When it comes to single or double stack, i think it all depends on use of weapon.

Although I do love 45acp, I’m a 9mm guy! If you reload, nothing beats the 38super comp.

If you do get a 9mm you can always get a second barrel fit by Joe! That’s where I would be going on it!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I definitely spend a lot more time on those threads than I probably should. I'm frequently envious of guys who can hundo a B8 with regularity with basically any gun out there. Hoping to get there soon. For me the big step was just keeping them all on the black. That's how I knew I was gonna eventually be able to get the 100.

Next goal for me is getting it done with my TDA carry gun, a CZ-P07 (which is gonna happen) with iron sights.

Hey Bobby cool to see you over here, I sold your buddy that Baer last year.

I love the 1911. I can't shoot any other pistol as well at speed as I can the 1911. Most likely this is due to the trigger, straight back and crisp break without to much trouble. The grip angle is right for me, and then there's my connection to Col. Cooper who popularized the pistol. I have several by custom 1911 pistol smiths. I own to many and at 69 I will not live long enough to wear them out. My order agency carries the Glock and I do shoot GSSF Matches, but the 1911 will always be my first and greatest love.

User Tag List