Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else into high end custom guns/1911's?

Anyone else into high end custom guns/1911's?

New to this forum, but pretty well known throughout the custom gun esp 1911 niche. I have a love for the platform and really respect those guys who are able to take it to another level. The industry as a whole has a wide view of opinions, and Ive come to realize thats ok. Anyway, anyone else into the full blow custom guns?

Here are a few of mine

Name:  IMG_0961.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  99.4 KB

Name:  B2810665-57E9-4E86-A99E-84ED99916893.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  51348828201_479be204aa_o.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  97.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2128.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  98.5 KB

That’s an impressive buncha steel!

I used to be pretty heavy into them, but not quite on that level. Had Wilsons, Sam’s Customs, Alchemy, Springfield Customs, a few worked over by Chambers, one by Harrison, buncha others that came and went.

Site Supporter
    Very nice, and welcome.

This section of the forum is more for technical discussion of handguns, so even if people admire your collection you may not get a bunch of responses.

My highest end guns were built by the Colt Custom Shop. I admire the work of the custom gunsmiths and also companies such as Alchemy Custom Weaponry -- others too, but ACW really builds in a style I appreciate.

Pick some of your favorites and tell us how they shoot, any issues you've experienced, which guns in your collection are used in a defensive or competitive capacity, etc...

I would also encourage you to post more pictures of your nice guns in the Gallery section of the forum. There is a 1911-specific thread there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Very nice, and welcome.

This section of the forum is more for technical discussion of handguns, so even if people admire your collection you may not get a bunch of responses.

My highest end guns were built by the Colt Custom Shop. I admire the work of the custom gunsmiths and also companies such as Alchemy Custom Weaponry -- others too, but ACW really builds in a style I appreciate.

Pick some of your favorites and tell us how they shoot, any issues you've experienced, which guns in your collection are used in a defensive or competitive capacity, etc...

I would also encourage you to post more pictures of your nice guns in the Gallery section of the forum. There is a 1911-specific thread there.
    Solid post man... and thank you I think at this moment I am trying to find my way around the forum. The direction is certainly helpful! I am a shooter so, contributing on the technical aspect of how the guns I shoot function is great

Although, I have many more pistols and pictures, sharing experience is something I look forward to bringing to the forum! Thanks again!

B

Paging @theJanitor.
    When I have a 1911 question that includes, "bespoke, high-end, or 10 year waiting list", this is the first dude I think of.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Just got my first this year.

Sent my 9mm Colt Combat Commander to Evolution Armory for a full build (or pretty damn close to it).

Hands down the nicest and most accurate handgun I own.

Thats a nice collection you have!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Very nice, and welcome.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....picture-thread

Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    Solid post man... and thank you I think at this moment I am trying to find my way around the forum. The direction is certainly helpful! I am a shooter so, contributing on the technical aspect of how the guns I shoot function is great

Although, I have many more pistols and pictures, sharing experience is something I look forward to bringing to the forum! Thanks again!

B
    Welcome aboard. This is a great place to spend a little time. Nice circle of 1911s!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

OP, I'm so jealous but very impressed. 2 thumbs up for you.

Site Supporter
    Very nice! I have a single 1911 that costs more than 3,000 bucks and the rest cost less than 900 bucks.

Yet they all work about the same and all shoot far better than I am able to take advantage of (all but one can produce 5 shot groups of less than 2 inches) and I would be able to hundo a B8 with any of them if I could do that consistently.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List