Thread: Colt 6920 SOCOM HBAR?

Colt 6920 SOCOM HBAR?

Saw an upper listed for sale that’s supposed to be an older 6920 SOCOM upper with a 16”, 1/7 twist HBAR.

So far my Google-fu hasn’t turned up any such thing. Is this a legit factory configuration or has a barrel swap taken place somewhere along the way?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Saw an upper listed for sale that’s supposed to be an older 6920 SOCOM upper with a 16”, 1/7 twist HBAR.

So far my Google-fu hasn’t turned up any such thing. Is this a legit factory configuration or has a barrel swap taken place somewhere along the way?
    Not called HBAR.

The 6920 SOCOMs have KAC type rails and a 16” SOCOM barrel which is essentially an HBAR profile with the two cuts for mounting a grenade launcher.

The other HBAR type was the A3 which had a 1/9 twist HBAR profile.

Thanks, sounds like a case of wrong barrel nomenclature which explains why nothing was coming up. The original owner installed a DD RIS so I can’t see if the 203 cuts are there or not.

I’ll email and verify but I didn’t want to make contact unless I was reasonably sure it wasn’t someone’s bitser.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

They had a run of 6920HB back in 2004.

That was a 16” SOCOM profile with the M203 flats under the handguard. Those are very collectible. (I had one and chopped it to 14.7”, pit on a RISII, spray painted it, ran over 15K rounds through it before I realized that I probably should’ve read the internet before I did all that!)

They then had some 6920 SOCOM 1s and 2s with 16” SOCOM profile barrels that came with the KAC RAS and black RISII FSPs but the barrels didn’t have the M203 flats under the handguards.

I own 2 Colt factory rifles with 14.5" SOCOM profile barrels and P&W A2X flash hiders. One was an M4A1 clone the other came with A2 hand guards, I don't recall the model numbers or anything but I have about looking for an M4A1 clone and how they ended up fitting the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List