Thread: Shortening Benelli M4 LOP

Shortening Benelli M4 LOP

I'm looking for someone who can cut down a Benelli M4 field stock to ~13" LOP. I've always found Benelli stocks way too long, especially compared to stocks like the Magpul on my 1301. Unfortunately as of now there are no options for shorter LOP non-pistol grip stocks for the M4. I know people have cut down their stocks themselves, but this isn't something I'm willing to attempt at the moment. I'd rather send my stock out to get it professionally done. Any recommendations for someone who I can send it to?

Following, as I have a SBS M4, and all the stock options suck for my use. My stock LOP is longer than my barrel.

Would love an adapter to use an OEM 1301 stock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Add me to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update to this thread: I reached out to a few gunsmiths, and Jeff at C-rums got back to me saying they can shorten the LOP for a pretty reasonable price. I ordered an extra stock from midwest gun works and will send it out to him for shortening when I receive it. I'll report back when it's done.

I shortened my M2 Stock. I made a wooden filler of 3/4" plywood. I fit the wood to the interior of the stock, cut some grooves in the edges of the wood and sanded the interior of stock with 40 grit sand paper to give the epoxy something extra to adhere to. Fitted a limbsaver pad and its been good to go.

Update: got my stock back from C-rums. Turnaround was about 4 weeks from when I sent it out. LOP is now around 12 3/8", which is much better than the way it came from the factory. I look forward to getting it out to the range soon!

Name:  IMG_2198.jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  65.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Update: got my stock back from C-rums. Turnaround was about 4 weeks from when I sent it out. LOP is now around 12 3/8", which is much better than the way it came from the factory. I look forward to getting it out to the range soon!

Name:  IMG_2198.jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  65.0 KB

If you do not consider it horribly impolite of me, what did they charge you for this service?

Thanks very much, i need the same work done on several Benelli stocks.

Why on earth would Benelli choose 14 3/8" LOP for their shotguns, seems at least an inch too long for most shooters. Is it so you have to buy a new stock from them or to allow people to fit their own via gunsmithing in person?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If you do not consider it horribly impolite of me, what did they charge you for this service?

Thanks very much, i need the same work done on several Benelli stocks.
    It was $110 + 15 for return shipping.

User Tag List