Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “Tactical” boots

“Tactical” boots

I need a pair of black boots that are taller than my usual Merrill Moab 2s. I found Merrill does an 8” Moab 2 waterproof tactical in the wide width I need, so I ordered a pair without giving too much thought. Before I wear them outside, are there others I should be considering? These are comfortable, and I am inclined to keep them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I work Rocky S2V GTX boots for years when I was in uniform. They had a nice wide fit and were warm and waterproof.

They bought us the tan 8” Moab boots at work a couple years ago. I don’t wear them much, but I like them and think they’re comfortable.

I bought a set of the Go Ruck boots in 6 in height several years ago and they are pretty good.

Site Supporter
    Try Danner

https://www.danner.com/men/all-footw...ight%5B%5D=484

This link should be boots filtered to 8”, 10”, 11”, and 17” heights

I’ve been in the Salomon Quest 4D (Forces 95% of the time the non-Gortex ones) continually for the past 6-7 years…they break in instantly and last longer than I’d expect in the very rocky terrain I work in. They also have the widest / most generous toebox of any of the “tactical” boots I’ve found.

I've been wearing a pair of Viktos Johnny Combat (waterproof) boots for several months now and I really like them, so much so I'm replacing all of my duty and "tactical" boots with Viktos models. They're light, comfortable, durable, and have excellent traction. They also shed mud superbly too.

I ended up keeping the Merrills, they are working out well. I even had to wear them on two long sets of flights (8+ hours) since it was more space efficient to put the Jungle Mocs in my suitcase instead of the boots. They were a good choice.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I just bought Salomons. I wear this brand in boots and sneakers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076J84Y8W/
    #RESIST

User Tag List