Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P226 mainspring weights

Site Supporter
    I put a 19# from Wolf in my P6, with the new-style strut and seat. Fantastic DA pull. No light strikes.

I want to say the P226 would use the same mainspring as the P225/P6? But not 100% sure. Also… if you’ve got one of the old-school strut setups… get the new-style parts. Big difference in smoothness.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I put a 19# from Wolf in my P6, with the new-style strut and seat. Fantastic DA pull. No light strikes.

I want to say the P226 would use the same mainspring as the P225/P6? But not 100% sure. Also… if you’ve got one of the old-school strut setups… get the new-style parts. Big difference in smoothness.

Correct. Same mainsprings between the two.

The convenience the new style mainspring setup (seat/strut/spring) offers makes them a no-brainer, especially if your going to be dabbling around with them much. But I’d contest they make the DA stack (read “ramp up”) a touch more.

But I can appreciate going from a stock P6 mainspring (traditionally 24 lbs?) to a 19 pounder in whatever configuration is going to feel pretty good. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

Does the standard P-series strut seat fit and work in the P6 or does it require some kind of modification to install? The old style, with the retaining roll pin, sucks to deal with.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Actsda View Post
    Does the standard P-series strut seat fit and work in the P6 or does it require some kind of modification to install? The old style, with the retaining roll pin, sucks to deal with.
    Yeah it does fit--no mods necessary. You can just take out the old metal strut with the roll pin and forget about it.

With the P6, though, the stock grips won't fit with the new seat/strut setup. So... there's that. But Hogue G10s will fit. Nills will too. And, you can Dremel out some of the plastic ribbing in the stock grips so they'll fit--which I plan to do. I've got Hogue G10s on my P6 at the moment, with the new parts. But I kinda prefer the contour of the original grips.

Yeah, I have a commercial P225, the plumb sensuous feel of the grip was a selling point.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List