Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    If anyone wants to part with an LCP Custom, hit me up.

Why Ruger stopped making the BEST iteration of the gen1 LCP is a mystery.

Until I find one of those, the G42 or S&W 351c are my favorite pocket rockets for those times I can’t carry anything more capable.

P3at & Seecamp 32 haven’t left the safe in years.

Shot an LCP Max recently, other than it hitting 6-8” low at 15 yards, I liked it. Even when driving the dot, I’d have appreciated a taller rear sight to correct the elevation.
    That's the one I have. Prior to the panic they were very common trade in guns. I picked mine up for like $150. My friend saw it and bought a used one the next week. My dad saw it and bought a used one a few days later.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Had an LCP that I carried frequently in a Desantis Nemesis. I put over 1k rounds through it and sold it for what I paid for.

Also borrowed a neighbors P3AT for comparison. It disassembled itself in my hand, so that was fun.

One pocket gun I am interested in is the Baby Browning. Cute little thing.

A Mauser 1910 is one I occasionally get to shoot.

Name:  20210615_164328.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  29.9 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    I had a new production Seecamp. I put about 40 rounds through it in the time I had it. 40 expensive Speer Gold Dots. It ran reliably and, at 7 yards, put them into a fairly wide--but serviceable--group on paper.

But it was just so finicky in just about every aspect of its operation. Only certain (expensive!) ammo. Don't over-lube or the slide could fly off. Don't pull the trigger with the mag out or the springs will break. Plus, you can't pull the slide back with the mag out of the gun. I was just kinda over it. And, small as it was, it would still kinda pull gym shorts down.

Can't comment on the Kahr P380. But I have anedotally heard of many people having problems. I will say, however, my Kahr K9 is excellent and very reliable.

The Bodyguard seems solid. I've also considered a Beretta Tomcat. Or even the older 925 Jetfire.

One other pocket gun I'd really like to try (again) is the Bond Bullpup:

I had an original Boberg, back in 2013. It was the second firearm I ever owned. I never had any issues with it... other than the fact I couldn't shoot it worth a damn (then). But it had a VERY nice DAO trigger--which I'm sure I'd appreciate more, now. Kinda wish I still had it.

I've had a lot of good luck with my Kahr PM9. This was a gun that was worked over by Kahr (I had a homie that worked there for a time). I used to shoot it in IDPA, carry it a lot, etc.
    The trigger is nice, but it pinches my fingers, which is kinda why I stopped carrying it. Now, it is a SHTF gun that I can keep in a pelican case in the car, the boat, the bag, etc. Full kit with holster, mags, carrier, and box of Federal HST.
    The PM9 is just too big to work as a real mouse gun. I've shied away from the P380/CW380 because my hands are too big - I sold my CW380 to a buddy that had carried it for years and is still happy with it.
    I think you just need to shake Kahr's out - some are real diamonds, others are total dogs...

http://instagram.com/p/Boz87otn8n1/

http://instagram.com/p/CEkiIs7pM6h/

The real reason to keep mouse guns...

http://instagram.com/p/BzOhd-wgBRd/

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    The real reason to keep mouse guns...

http://instagram.com/p/BzOhd-wgBRd/
    Here's a true story involving a baby Browning...

I and my teenage buddy were backpacking in the Sierras. We had heard there was a really aggressive black bear where we were planning to camp, but there was a mountain we wanted to climb so that's where we set up our tent. Around midnight the bear showed up, and it began to trash our campsite. We did all the standard things--banged pots and pans and yelled, but this only made the bear angry. It was clearly not afraid of us in any way. I had a little Browning in my pocket, and decided to use it to try to scare the bear away. As I was getting the gun out, my buddy hit the bear squarely in the head with a softball sized piece of granite. This seriously pissed the bear off and it charged me. I ran, tripped, and lost the gun. As the bear was chasing me, my buddy picked the gun up. When he saw what it was, he screamed "Oh my GOD, it's a GUN!!!" and threw it into the bushes. The bear continued to destroy our campsite, but fortunately didn't seem interested in killing me anymore. After what seemed like an hour but was probably only seconds I found the Browning and fired a single shot into the ground. The bear immediately stopped, and ran away. My buddy seemed more scared by the gun than by the bear, and continued to give me grief for the rest of the trip.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-19-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/CFj__iWp9Ci/

My stupid KelTec P32 is a daily companion. Mine runs exceedingly well. I feed it Sellier and Bellot 32 72 gr FMJ: the OAL of the round prevents rimlock.
    I liked the gun so much, I had real sight put on by Innovative Arms.
    I carry it in a Galco Horsehide pocket holster - it has "hooks" at the leading and trailing edge to catch a pocket...
    I usually wedge my phone between the holster and outside of the pocket to help break up the shape.
    (The holster works great on the rare event that I need to wear a jacket in FL too.)

http://instagram.com/p/Bou_6whHh5F/
    I desperately want to love my P32 and I think the sights are a big part of the problem for me. I saw the sights you had installed and looked into it but I have a hard time justifying the cost of the gun+ in upgrades to a Keltec. The common denominator for me and shooting well seems to be sights so I may do it anyway.

Hammertime
    I have owned a lot of mouseguns with the exception of the LCP2.

Most have been absolutely garbage.

However the LCP MAX has totally restored my faith in the pocket gun:
    -It carries nearly identical to an LCP.
    -barely heavier than an LCP.
    -in my experience it is -way- more reliable and durable than a Gen 1 LCP.
    -11 is moar than 7!

I have carried it and simply abused it for the past three months and it shrugs it off. I haven’t noticed missing the slimmer, lighter LCP at all. Plus I have had several Gen 1 LCPs of recent production disassemble themselves while shooting so I don’t really trust anyone them.

For a mouse gun in a mouse caliber I think the LCP 22 is probably the best bet. I tried and tried to get the Beretta offerings to run reliably but never could. The LCP 22 can bobble but it is very occasional and random as seems to be the character of these .22 pistols. The Beretta .22 ran about 95% of the time and the Ruger is closer to 99-99.5% reliable.

For the .22 LCP I remove the useless safety. I would be decently comfortable carrying it at my only option with caliber being my only concern. It shoots circles around the Beretta from a trigger perspective.

I like the Bodyguard .380 from a size perspective and the DAO trigger is great. I have no idea yet if it is reliable but from my prior experience with any small gun, it probably isn’t. Time will tell.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I desperately want to love my P32 and I think the sights are a big part of the problem for me. I saw the sights you had installed and looked into it but I have a hard time justifying the cost of the gun+ in upgrades to a Keltec. The common denominator for me and shooting well seems to be sights so I may do it anyway.
    Consider a Crimson Trace LaserGuard. It is a game changer for these pistols.

The laser will not be useful outside during the day, but will work very well outdoors in low light, or at any time indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I am interested in learning more about the LCP max, but otherwise there isn't a lot here to endear any of these mouse guns to me. J frame with snake shot is something I carry part of the year, but in a second (Phlster)AIWB holster, since my front pockets are full. Twenty years ago, I Mexican carried a loved on Colt .380, hammer down behind my hip, under my tucked in shirt, with a 317 in my front pocket, but that was before AIWB was as developed as it is now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List