Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Gotta go old school. I love this little Colt 1908 in .25ACP. Always seems to work, fits any where. I like it as a off hand side pocket gun mostly. Traded a buddy some unneeded 5.45 ammo for it. Only ever carry it in support of a "bigger" (recently its been a Ruger LCR in .327 FedMag aiwb, so I guess I've been going full gun hipster recently...) gun though.

Name:  20220619_222514.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  63.1 KB
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    Nice Colt 1908. Very cool.

How does the 1908 compare to the Baby Browning? Both .25 autos. Both John Browning designs. Is one... "better"?

Site Supporter
    I’m very happy with my .327 LCR but there are times the smaller Keltec P32 can’t be matched. There is a thread on this site with some recommended spring changes to help reliability, I’ll see if I can’t find it and add a link.

Edit to add this post (#9) and the following (#10) are the ones I was thinking of
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post956666
    Last edited by sharps54; 06-20-2022 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Adding link

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    No kidding, it would seem a nice pocket .32 / .380 from HK, steyr, CZ, Walther is wide open for the taking.
    But they would have to make them here in order to sell them here. GCA '68 is a thing.

Any one of their earlier designs adapted for modern manufacturing materials and methods would probably fill the bill.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Kahr has updated the recoil springs, and they are absolutely required for reliable functionality. These springs are very stiff, and require “man strength” to rack, making this a poor choice for many people. Installation of new springs is not easy, because the resting length is much greater than the guide rod. A table edge helps and safety glasses are a must.
    Do you know if this is also true for the CT380? I would think the longer slide would accommodate "more spring" from the beginning.

I like carrying mouse guns but don’t like shooting them at distances greater than 5 yds.

Back when my EDC was a 4” 1911 on an Officer frame my go-to mouse gun was a Colt Mustang in .380. Now that my EDC is a 365XL, the ‘need’ for a mouse gun has kinda gone by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Do you know if this is also true for the CT380? I would think the longer slide would accommodate "more spring" from the beginning.
    I’m not sure about this. Maybe?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Thanks to our local enabler Clusterfrack I just picked up a CW 380! Kinda nervous, but I owned a P380 when they first came and it was great. So what current serials are safe? I hooe they resolved their issues. Can / can’t wait to try it.

Does anyone know what came of Ruger bringing out a .32 LCP? I think there was talk about it then LCPII .22 came out and then nothin?

I think higher cap .32 true pocket gun would be awesome.

@Polecat, I’m not sure about serial numbers, but fresh recoil and mag springs seem to help a lot. Also see my post above about polishing the lower barrel lug.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Bump for a hypothetical question.

If the options are a Remington RM380 or a SCCY CPX-4, which would you pick?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List