Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Kahr p380 inbound --purchased from a kind P-F member at a very reasonable price. I've already ordered a holster and some parts that are supposed to improve this little gun, and will report back after testing. Parts list below:

DDS Pocket Shark holster
    https://discretedefensesolutions.com...ocket-holster/
    Tool steel striker
    https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimat...r-380-pistols/
    Steel striker guide
    https://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/c...d-p380-pistols
    Tractiongrips
    https://gallowayprecision.com/tracti...d-p380-pistols
    Lehigh XP 90g bullets for reliability testing
    https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...49-224583.aspx
    I'll be interested in the pocket shark holster. I bought an Aholster and found it worked well once I added something to break up the outline. I love the speed of the Aholster but not the concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'll be interested in the pocket shark holster. I bought an Aholster and found it worked well once I added something to break up the outline. I love the speed of the Aholster but not the concealment.
    I have one for my LCP1.2, with a Victor Grippy Gun Band added to provide better retention. It's the best pocket solution I've found.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have one for my LCP1.2, with a Victor Grippy Gun Band added to provide better retention. It's the best pocket solution I've found.

Interesting...might give that a shot. I out foam on the AHolster Foam breaks up the outline a lot, but it's clear SOMETHING is in your pocket.

Name:  2CD20E6B-B8B1-4E4B-BFB1-B83DA386C812.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  AA59C109-F654-4795-AA5B-A048F816491B.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  79.0 KB

Interesting...might give that a shot.
    It's only $30. I like that I can get a full grip inside the pocket. And it's almost as thin as the gun itself.

Question for you guys - I carry my LCP pretty fulltime with a DeSantis Nemesis Holster. In looking at the photos of all three, I don't see what makes any of the three more concealable in a pocket, you still have that grip sticking out. Does the square body of the pocket shark make that much of a difference?

DeSantis Nemesis:

Pocket Shark:

AHolster:

Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

@Dan Lehr,

Here’s an in pocket pic, trying to show the profile. I think it does break it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Question for you guys - I carry my LCP pretty fulltime with a DeSantis Nemesis Holster. In looking at the photos of all three, I don't see what makes any of the three more concealable in a pocket, you still have that grip sticking out. Does the square body of the pocket shark make that much of a difference?

DeSantis Nemesis:

Pocket Shark:

AHolster:

So a lot of it is a matter of pants pockets + holster curve. The Nemesis if sat on a table is flat. It'll take a curve after awhile, but it starts out flat and thin. The material doesn't break up the outline of the holster much at all, but when carried in jeans or dark slacks with a heavier fabric, you won't notice.

The AHolster has a curve to it, a bit too much, in my opinion. When sat on a table with the gunside down it will curve up. This helps it fit into pockets like those found in a lot of khakis and outdoor pants. Where the pocket sits lower and more towards the front of the hip.

My hip shape is pretty round and guns are not. So, a holster that matches my hip will make a gun print all day long. Hence, I need a flatter shape with a gentle curve. I added foam to my aholster so it now looks like a big wallet in my front pocket. You can't tell it's a gun, but you can tell it's something.

Pocket Concealment Systems has a nice break down of different shapes for different shape pockets. Like a belt holster, no, in fact like an appendix holster, no unlike any other holster, the pocket holster probably benefits the most from tailoring the cut of the holster to the pocket. The downside to that is potentially needing to practice different drawstrokes.

One benefit to the AHolster, the upper little claw across the top of the gun reliably catches the top edge of a slash pocket. Making for an extremely reliable and fast draw.

@Dan Lehr,

Here’s an in pocket pic, trying to show the profile. I think it does break it up a bit.

That's they way my S&W 340PD looks in my front right pocket. I use an Uncle Mikes holster, #3. I carry my wallet in the front left pocket. It gives a balanced look. But the reason I carry my wallet up front is it helps my back not ache at the end of the day. A friend told me he had a back ache, moved his wallet to front pocket, and it did help his ache.....YMMV.

So a lot of it is a matter of pants pockets + holster curve. The Nemesis if sat on a table is flat. It'll take a curve after awhile, but it starts out flat and thin. The material doesn't break up the outline of the holster much at all, but when carried in jeans or dark slacks with a heavier fabric, you won't notice.
    Another consideration for pocket carry is leg size/shape. When I was in college, I pocket carried almost exclusively. As I started lifting, my thighs grew and I find I cannot get the level of concealment I desire from pocket carry anymore.

I’ve always had mouseguns around. In approximate order of acquisition:

• A .22 inspired by the PPK, a piece of pot metal crap ca. 1983 or so, I don’t remember the brand. It could never get through a whole mag without jamming, so it was quickly sold.
    • Seecamp .32. I was very short of money after getting married, so it was sold for a tidy profit. I only had it a year or so.
    • NAA mini .22. This one replaced the Seecamp and got a lot of watch pocket carry before IL was CCW. I still have it but haven’t used it in many years.
    • Beretta 950 in .25. My usual pocket carry pistol pre IL CCW.
    • Ruger LCP Gen1. I picked this up around the time IL got carry, and I put a lot of miles on it. I still have it.

All have been superseded for most uses by a Glock 42 in the pocket.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List