Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Here's what I've learned and figured out:

1. Series A serial numbers may be irredeemable. Some series B p380s may need to go back to the factory, but both of mine are reliable after the below modifications:

2. New, updated recoil springs (RS) are a must. The p380 seems to require very heavy recoil springs, and only the updated ones work. As well, they need to be replaced regularly--maybe as often as 500-1000 rounds. Buy extra. Installation of the updated springs is a challenge because the resting length before "set" is much longer than the slide. Use eyepro! I held the slide over the edge of a table, and that helped. Because the springs are so stiff, no female has succeeded in racking my p380s.

3. New mag springs. If you have FTFs after replacing the RS, that's probably the cause. Buy extra.

4. Polishing the inside of the lower barrel lug, and the slide stop rod where they interface. I used a Q-tip with polishing compound spun in a drill. Make sure to lube this area. I use a small amount of Lucas grease.

5. While superficially Glocklike, the p380 requires 1911 levels of lubrication.

6. The following parts may help, but are probably not needed:
    Tool steel striker
    https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimat...r-380-pistols/

Striker guide
    https://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/c...d-p380-pistols

After all this, I have not had any malfunctions of any kind.

Is the p380 worth it? I think so. In my hands it shoots like a much bigger gun, and way better than a LCP.
    Would these fixes also apply to something like the CW380 or do those suck?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Would these fixes also apply to something like the CW380 or do those suck?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Not sure, but from a few reports I’ve read they may just suck.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Bump for a hypothetical question.

If the options are a Remington RM380 or a SCCY CPX-4, which would you pick?
    A rock

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    A rock
    Although I don’t fully disagree: Invalid choice, please try again. 😄
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter

In a world full of Jframes, Taurus 85s that actually work, G42s, and where the P32 exists, why on earth would I pick a gun I know can’t get through a magazine of JHP (SCCY) that is super uncomfortable to shoot, or an unproven Remington?

My first SCCY CPX2 would not cycle a HP. Called SCCY and they sent prepaid label. Gun back to me in 1 week and feeds 5 different brands HP perfectly. Fantastic result and CS. I have one other I bought used and has worked flawlessly. IMO, for the money hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by chances R View Post
    My first SCCY CPX2 would not cycle a HP. Called SCCY and they sent prepaid label. Gun back to me in 1 week and feeds 5 different brands HP perfectly. Fantastic result and CS. I have one other I bought used and has worked flawlessly. IMO, for the money hard to beat.
    I'm truly glad you've had that experience with their products. I can tell you I didn't see a single student's SCCY make it through my 50 round CCW course... to be fair, they were Gen1 guns, but that was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    I'm truly glad you've had that experience with their products. I can tell you I didn't see a single student's SCCY make it through my 50 round CCW course... to be fair, they were Gen1 guns, but that was enough for me.
    I've seen 3 SCCYs through the carry classes I've taught....no problem. Mine are 'fishing or truck guns' however. I did shoot one in a BUG match without issue. For the money and after one is wrung out, see nothing wrong with it being in the sock drawer. I've got others for endurance runs that are better choices for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    In a world full of Jframes, Taurus 85s that actually work, G42s, and where the P32 exists, why on earth would I pick a gun I know can’t get through a magazine of JHP (SCCY) that is super uncomfortable to shoot, or an unproven Remington?
    Absolutely a fair question. Honestly, it wouldn't be anything other than a fun gun that I go into with low expectations and zero expectations it would replace my Shield or 442. The Security-380 is the leading contender for that role once others have proven they're reliaiable. The Kahr offerings are intriguing if I was looking for something to truly pocket carry but I haven't been able to shoot one to see if it would be a squirrelly and squirmy in my hand as they look. Ongoing hand issues are a major pain (so to speak ) and tiny pistols are problematic.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

No.

User Tag List